2x 7800gt -> 9600 gso 760mb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, thanks for all your help. I'm gonna order it now and hope for the best.

The screen tearing has been **** with my 7800GTs, but I suppose they served me well for almost four years.

9600 gso's in SLI would be a huge upgrade....even a single would be.

SLI has matured greatly since the 7 series...its 10 times better now.

The gso is like the crippled version though isn't it? Way less stream processors. I guess still an upgrade tho

I haven't been around the computer scene really since I built this computer, so is the hype about SLI when it first came out that it would increase performance by 2X stand true now, or close to it?

I haven't been around the computer scene really since I built this computer, so is the hype about SLI when it first came out that it would increase performance by 2X stand true now, or close to it?

Well back in the 7 series SLI only gained about 1.3 or 1.4x really. Now its aup around 1.8x, almost 2x in some circumstances. So its actually worth it now.

I kind of feel like picking up another one, just because it's so cheap. Is the performance boost that much greater on two 9600s in SLI than with just one? Also, would it be a little too much for my 550W power supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom