Antec 1200 Quad gpu folding rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very similar to what I'm doing except I put my hole on the side and cut through the cage. I'll post a photo later. I can only mount 2HDDs this way but I do have the hole in the bottom should I ever to go 3 or more down the road.

Here is what I did with the terminal block:

YouTube - Antec Twelve Hundred (Terminal Block Mod - Part 1)

YouTube - Antec Twelve Hundred (Terminal Block Mod - Part 2)

I ended up using a larger terminal block as the block i got wasn't as flush and once three fans were connected to each terminal the cover wouldn't go back on the case.

Pretty much done with the PSU:

sleeving.jpg

I had 120 feet of the sleeving but still ran out :p A couple of the cables hiding behind the mobo didn't get done, but they will be out of site. Next time I'll order 150 feet...if i do this type of sleeving job again. As mentioned previously, all the extra sleeving made the cables not only too thick to pass through the original hole in the psu casing but too thick to even go through the hole after I removed the manufacturer protective sleeving.

Utubing.jpg

Used the dremel to widen the hole and some u-channeling from mnpctech.com to protect the wires from getting cut down the road.

Now I just need that 4th gpu from poizen22

4th gpu.... I would say that's a lot of power! The sleeving does look really cool, about how much thicker does it make each wire? I'm starting to wonder if you will have any other problems with the wires not fitting in places, I know you already pointed out then being behind the mobo.

The sleeving is thin and doesn't add a lot to a single wire....but it has that rough texture so when multiplied by 80+ wires coming out of the psu it definitely adds up. I have another 750 PC P&C psu that is identical except blue, before the build is done I'll take some comparative photos of the wire mass, stock vs mod. I'd say that it's almost doubled the wire girth coming out of the psu now.

Yeah, my two concerns for now are these wires fitting behind the mobo tray and then also fitting between the mobo. Considering I have the 24pin power supply, 5 PCI-e power supplies and an additional mobo molex power supply all coming from the same side of the board I'm a bit concerned that I won't be able to squeeze the mobo down low enough to get the screws in.

It is for us country boy geeks :D

So all this has gotten me wondering what else might pose a problem and although I was initially re-assured that the 750watt psu would support quad gpu I'm not so sure. It just looks to me that 3 8800gts and a 9800gtx+ might push it beyond it's capabilities. I would have tested this first but I only have the 3 gpus right now as I'm still waiting for the last 8800gts from poizen22.

Lol, that would really screw up this project :p Especially as countless hours have been put in on sleeving the psu.

lmao. i dont know. the PSU that's in my sig has powerd my GTX 260 core 216 along with my old 9800GTX (used for physx and second monitor) it ran it just fine. no problems. but 3 8800GTS's and a 9800GTX might be a bit much.

Yeah, I have the silencer 750 in my dual 260 rig and I did some testing with the 9800gtx+ and 2 8800gts but nothing with quad gpus....lol, dude I will laugh myself silly if this doesn't work....then i'll cry once it sinks in.

Itll run them just fine.....there was a guy running a tri-sli GTX 260 system if i remember right plus an oc'd quad on the same psu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom