power supplie and video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zalin

Solid State Member
Hello, I am a compltey lost on this subject and thats why I am here, I need a video card that has 2.0 pixal shaders for a game of mine. My card only supports 1.0 the problem I am haveing with getting a new card is my power supply. I got only 250 watts and all I can find video card wise needs somthing better then 250 watts.

So what do I need to know to upgrade my power supply? Can someone recommend a cheap power unit? I am new at upgradeing and stuff so if you need to know somthing about my computer let me know il try to figure it out for you.

Do you have a prebuilt like dell?

If so let us know the make and model just in case they use a proprietary psu.

Sorry It's been a while since i have been able to get on the computer to check on this post. I got microcenters brand called powerspec4.0d its older like around 4 years now but i was wondering when i upgrade do i have to put my mother bored into consideration? Like I'm not going to fry anything am I? And the price range i was thinking is about 30$ I want something cheap because I plan on getting a new computer next year.

Here is the thing. Are you planning on building a computer in 1 year. If so 2 of the best things that can be taken from an old build is the psu and vid card. If you invested in a better psu then you could use it in your nest build. I try to get 2 builds out of every psu I buy.

What video card are we powering here?

Yes I will build the new computer, but I was going to give this computer to my sister to use so i was going to upgrade it a bit. So I will buy a new PSU for the new computer.

As for the new video card I have not yet picked one out but all the cards I am looking at need more then the 250 watts I got now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom