netbooks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm going to go with that one. The 6-cell battery is nice and the case in general is pretty nice, I use to have an hp laptop with the glossy finish and it got finger prints all over it and drove me crazy. I just wish their were some customer reviews on it, I know newegg isn't the place to get them but I like to see what others think, also like i said it was rated number 2 by cnet so it must be pretty good. The number 1 was a $600 eee pc 101 :freak:... no thank you

I have the white version of the Wind and fingerprints aren't that noticeable on it. Aside from the color and the 6 cell battery mine is identical to that one and I highly recommend it.

Thanks for the help and information. I hope to make the purchase when I get my next paycheck:D.

Good luck.

I just noticed that the $330 has a different material on the top so fingerprints shouldn't be an issue like they were on the glossy ones.

So a little more research and the u120 can't upgrade to 2gb of ram... So I think I might stick with the u100 for $299 and get another stick of ram and maybe a 6cell battery.

just got my msi wind u100 and let me say I'm impressed. This little guy is just what i was looking for, it's perfect for just web browsing, facebook, chat, etc. The 10" screen is nice but the speakers are crap but I tend to use head phones so it's no big deal. Heat wise it's actually not bad and I'm glad I didn't get the ssd because it's pretty **** fast with this 160gb. Boot times really nice and I think I might try and dual boot with fedora and see how it runs. I'd also suggest this book to anyone that wants a netbook.

hey not to thread jack or ne thing, but i'm in the running for a netbook for myself. was just wondering how that msi wind u100 was treating you after a months worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom