need some help bulding gaming pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
in my cart it came to 665 before shipping isn't yours that same?(not i had hdd and vista combo, is great deal) try get a hold of the 750 watter to same sum cash, or if you can post or tell us what the amperage ratings on the 500w are we can tell you whether or not it will run your system(most likely).

sorry for bringing up an old post, but ive been out of town for the military for a few days.

these are the specs of my case, it doesnt mention the amps tho.

One-Click Foldout Motherboard Tray - Removable
Click-Lock Tool-Less Installation Design - 7 Slots
Removable Hard Drive Rack
Built-In Accessory Box
Green LED Front Panel Lights
Large See Through Side Panel Window
Roomy Interior Space
High Efficient In-Take Air Flow Design
1 x 80mm Side Green LED Fan
1 x 80mm Side Cooling Fan
1 x 120mm Front Intake Fan
1 x 120mm Rear Exhaust Fan
3 x PCIe/AGP/PCI Stabilizers
1 x 500W Power Supply (20+4Pin)

and ill look into a hdd/vista combo, that will probably save me some money, which would be nice.

im hoping to get my tax return today, so ill probably be ordering my parts sometime this week, probably this coming weekend.

The case sounds alright but could you tell us the name so we can look up the case/psu combo if it is one.

Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops
Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TForce TA790GX A3+ AM3 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
Newegg.com - RAIDMAX SMILODON Extreme Black ATX-612WEBP 1.0mm SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Foldout MB Computer Case With 500W Power Supply - Computer Cases
Newegg.com - EVGA 896-P3-1255-AR GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
Newegg.com - HITACHI Deskstar P7K500 HDP725050GLA360 (0A35415) 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives
Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit for System Builders - Operating Systems

ok i updated my pc since the new AMD mobo is out =D the reason i like the new one over the old one is because it is am3 instead of am2+(which is why i delayed buying this pc, aswell as my return still not arriving.)

ok the new parts are the ram, mobo, and cpu. everything else is still the same.

personally i think this will be my final build (unless i swap for a better graphics card since the gtx 300 series cards should be comming out soon. i might leave my pc with an old 8800gtx or just leave it with the onboard graphics for now just till i can check out the new gtx 300 series.)

im not going to do i7s because they are just too expensive. and this cpu costs 1/2 the price of the slower i7s.

do yall think this new cpu is a much better buy than the other one i had chosen before? the price differenece is only like $60 so im not too worried about that just for the performance increase.

i am currently at $865 with all the parts listed

If you want to spend the money for the 955 you can, the only real difference besides a slightly higher clock is the compatibility for ddr3. I can say this, A biostar TA790gx 128m/940 BE build with ddr2 would be pretty much the same as yours when both are at the same clocks on the cpu. You will barley notice a difference between drr3 and ddr2 for the amd option.

If you plan to upgrade later on then the 8800gtx would still be fine for now, would run most games on mid settings, maybe high on lowish resolution and couple settings down.

i would get this hard drive if i were you, deskstars are not bad though, they are good hard drives, but people like to stick to seagate and WD becasue they are more well known.
Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST3500418AS 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

If you want to spend the money for the 955 you can, the only real difference besides a slightly higher clock is the compatibility for ddr3. I can say this, A biostar TA790gx 128m/940 BE build with ddr2 would be pretty much the same as yours when both are at the same clocks on the cpu. You will barley notice a difference between drr3 and ddr2 for the amd option.

If you plan to upgrade later on then the 8800gtx would still be fine for now, would run most games on mid settings, maybe high on lowish resolution and couple settings down.

i would get this hard drive if i were you, deskstars are not bad though, they are good hard drives, but people like to stick to seagate and WD becasue they are more well known.
Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST3500418AS 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

for now the ddr2/3 may not make a huge difference or the cpu itself, but for the fact that its am3 vs an am2+ will allow me to do future upgrades without getting a new mobo which is a huge perk in my book. also i figure the cpu + the ram would be better for overclocking(probably wont overclock unless i really need the performance for my games, otherwise im not going to overclock)

as far as the graphics card, ya ill probably stick my old 8800 in it just till i can find out the prices for the gtx300 series (or if when they come out the 285/295 drops in price)

and i think i might go with your HD but i just put the cheapest HD i could find on the list without putting much thought into it lol. and for only $5 more and the warranty it makes it a really good buy. honestly i didnt even notice the one i picked was hatachi(my tv is a hatachi and it sucks. its a 48" plasma and within the first month of buying it my tv tube went out... it ended up taking them almost 2 months to fix it. i called them every single day till it was fixed and i would never intentionally buy another hatachi product in my life. they have really bad customer service)

oh and you mentioned ddr2 and ddr3 not making much of a difference in a AMD, now is there a difference in the ram with the intels?

ugg looks like im going to need to dish out some extra $$ for a new monitor... i was just looking at the specs on my old monitor and it is only 1280 x 1024 resolution.
Newegg.com - AOC LM960 Black 19" 8ms LCD Monitor 250 cd/m2 600:1 - LCD Monitors
i need to find a new monitor that supports atleast 1680 x 1050 resolution, but 1920 x 1080 or 2048 x 1152 or anything in between/higher will work aswell, but no less than 1680 x 1050. im looking for around a 19/20" or bigger monitor, preferably widescreen(doesnt have to be tho) HD is nice but not needed. im not too worried about response time since i do mmorpgs and not FPS and im not trying to spend over $150 on it and the cheaper the better.

this is actually $40 more than what i would like to spend on a monitor, but for the quality and price im thinking its actually a good buy? or will i not notice a huge difference? Newegg.com - Acer X233Hbid Black 23" 5ms HDMI Full 1080P Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 40000:1 (ACM) - LCD Monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom