Motherboard broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cluelessnoob

Baseband Member
As i moved everything from my old computer to my new computer with a new processor and graphics card, i've had a real hard time trying to turn on my computer, in fact it's best to keep it on, because everytime i shut it down i have to struggle to power it back up, the first time to get it working i plugged in my old PSU then my new one again and it worked, the 2nd time it didn't and had to unscrew the motherboard slightly so it wasn't touching metal for it to work, this time i've done those and im out of ideas as to what else i can do to try and turn my computer on? Any help would be great.

Note: I also tried different PSU Cords, but no luck. The Computer doesn't start at all, no fans spinning nothing on.

When you say you had to unscrew the motherboard so it was not touching metal, are the motherboard risers not enough to keep the board off of the motherboard tray?

I think i have to take some pictures for you again :p Not sure if im following

It was touching metal, i had to just add the risers now after finding out what it was, my old case didn't have them. After i put everything in it's still not turning on, is my motherboard fried?

Have you tried shorting out the 2 pins for power on the motherboard with a screw driver. It could be a problem with the power switch on the case.

Keyboard Cowboy has a point, the fault could be that your power switch is only intermittently making contact.
You could try pressing it down really hard moderately hard, see if it completes the connection. Who knows, you might get lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom