Gaming laptop suggestions? $800)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm, yea ill be going to western Illinois university. Do I just show bestbuy my acceptance and they give me a discount?

In my opinion a 9600M is more then enough for CSS, my HP NC8430 with a 256MB ATI X1600 runs CSS just fine at high detail, I'm guessing 50fps or so. Try looking around for an Acer Aspire 5720 or something, they usually go for about $550 or more with a 512MB 8600M GT

hmm looks like as of now ill stick with the new egg one I chose. Thanks for all of the input!

Side note: If you stick with the Egg... the 9600 looks be signifigantly more powerful than the 9200...

If you don't mind getting something that's not brand new, Best Buy's private auction page has Gateway P6860-FX, and they are SWEEEET! I just got one less than a month ago. I got it for $525 shipped, and the only thing it didn't come with is a laptop bag, and a battery. I got the battery for about $180 shipped, now all I need is to get a nice laptop bag. Mine was a demo unit at a bestbuy store somewhere, and has some light scratches on the cover, but it is in EXCELLANT condition. Not too shabby considering they went for somewhere between $1200-$1400 brand new.

On mine, I can run CS:S at MAX resolutions and all eye candy on at over 100FPS. I can also run Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 really well with above medium settings. Same goes for Oblivion, runs smooth for me (not sure of settings off the top of my head).

Details:
Product Features
Enhanced Intel Centrino processor technology with Intel Core2 Duo processor T5550,
Intel PM965 chipset,
Intel Wireless Wi-Fi Link 4965 network connection (802.11a/b/g/n)
4GB PC2-5300 DDR2 memory for multitasking power 667MHz frontside bus,
2MB L2 cache and 1.83GHz processor speed
Multiformat DVDRW/CD-RW drive with double-layer support records up to 8.5GB of data or 4 hours of video using compatible DVD-R DL media
Supports DVD-RAM, also supports Labelflash direct-disc labels using compatible Labelflash media
17" WXGA+ TFT-LCD widescreen display with Ultrabright technology and 1440 x 900 resolution
320GB Serial ATA hard drive (5400 rpm)
NVIDIA GeForce Go 8800M GTS graphics with up to 512MB discrete GDDR3 video memory
Built-in 1.3-megapixel Web cam makes it easy to chat with and send video mail to family and friends
5-in-1 digital media manager supports Secure Digital, MultiMediaCard, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO and xD-Picture Card
IEEE 1394 (FireWire) interface and 3 high-speed USB 2.0 ports for fast digital video, audio and data transfer, eSATA interface
Built-in Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR technology ,
10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet LAN with RJ-45 connector
V.92 high-speed modem

Right now, there is 1 up for auction, ending in 2 days. (Ends 21:55 PDT 05/02/2009)
Current Bid: $419.00
Buy it Now: $779.00
Shipping: $22.49

Product Condition: Tested Working
Physical Condition: Some scratches and/or signs of use
Inspection notes: Hard drive has been wiped. No OS is installed.

Items Included in this auction:
Notebook Computer
Ac Adapter
Power Cord for Adapter
Operating System License Key

Items Not Included:
Rechargeable Battery <--- Works fine without a battery, just has to be plugged into AC power. Used mine that way for 2 weeks
Installed Operating System <--- Don't really need it
Operating System Restore Media <--- only real issue is this, and I can send you a copy of my disc for the same laptop, since you have your own license key.
Applications/drivers Cd <--- Don't really need it
User Documentation <--- Don't really need it

If you aren't a member, I can send you an invite to the auction, just let me know.

LOT_2849285_1.JPG

DT_428304_2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom