I just picked up a k6 amd 400mhz need help with it

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJboutit

Baseband Member
I just picked up a k6 amd 400mhz 64mb pc100 ram with no hd should I keep this computer if not how much should I sell it for. If I should keep it I just want to use it for playing for mp3s. So I want to added like 128mb more of ram and a sound card & a video card. Which sound card & video card do you guy reccommond I should get for this computer that is kinda keep and you work good in this old computer.

you don't need more ram to play an MP3 file.
Agreed.....although if you really want to then that particular kind of ram should be cheap as hell...basically it'd just open winamp a little faster but that's about it. I have a Philips Audigy soundcard...they are pretty cheap I got mine over a year ago and it was $30 back then...these aren't high end cards...far from it...you need soundblaster for that, but since its basically a crap computer you can get all the power you need from Philips Sound cards....I got it $30 at best buy so I'm sure online you can get an even better card for the same price...just get something cheap and generic for the equally cheap and generic computer :D

I would keep it, but I kind of like junk as it is :D I have my grandmas computer with parts I'm trying to get rid of. And old PeoplePC Built computer...but I've stripped it down...just got the RAM, Motherboard, and Processor...and even the motherboard I stripped the 2 jumpers that were on it off of it..hehehe.......looks like on zipzoomfly they got pc100 memory, 64mb for $30 or 128mb for $50 or $60 depending on if you want CS3 or CS2...

I got one stick of 64mb PC133
and one stick of 128mb PC133

let me know if your computers motherboard will support 133 and perhaps we can work out some sort of deal :D Just PM me if you want some more information. My dad and I run our own home decor website so I'd just make it a 'hidden product' on there and you could buy it through there.. We have the BBB seal of approval so don't worry about us being an untrustworthy business....you could even look up some info on us through the BBB if you wish...just trying to give you peace of mind.

Anywho....let me know if you're interested and I'll sell you those fer pretty dern cheap if you'd like em.......possibly just the 128mb, but if you have PC100 in there then the 128mb PC133 will be underclocked to match the PC100.

Both sticks for $25 should be fair if you look up memory prices.

64mb - Infineon - CL3
128mb - microtron - CL3 (I believe it's CL3...it doesn't state it like the other does)

Let me know :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom