antec 300 number 2: givie ideas/comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You sure about that with those specific sites? I've seen some places you can buy actual CF in sheets... looks like that on the robot site.. otherwise you wouldn't be able to choose the weave style/color.. as for the other one... it's a synthetic fabric with CF in it... not real CF, but a flexible CF looking material... which would look more realistic than vinyl I would think..

Sorry I meant to say the carbon fiber cloth. That cloth is used to lay your own carbon fiber. In all respects, THAT is carbon fiber in it's most basic form.

You then lay the cloth out in the shape you want the carbon fiber piece and coat it in resin to give it the smooth shiny texture.

A carbon fiber sheet is made by laying out the cloth totally flat and then covering the cloth in resin.

ok, here are my choices (image i got from mnpctech for reference)

choices.jpg

these can be found here Mnpctech Case Mods, Fan Grills, Radiator Grills, Case Feet

im leaning towards the gun-metal or the engine tuned.

what do you think?

ok, i did a quick paint shop to see a rough idea of what the carbon would look like for this particular project.

here is the results

antecwithcarbon.jpg

it feels as tho i need to match it with something else if you know what i mean.

also, lets talk about fans.

led's or no led's for front panel?
i really didnt like my last two led's i got from rosewill lol, they whine when i first turn on pc until they warm up some. and they only push like 50cfm.
i should prolly do performance over looks here, i do like those solid red fans in that antec 1200 that other guy has, they look nice though the front panel grill.

also, lets talk about fans.

led's or no led's for front panel?
i really didnt like my last two led's i got from rosewill lol, they whine when i first turn on pc until they warm up some. and they only push like 50cfm.
i should prolly do performance over looks here, i do like those solid red fans in that antec 1200 that other guy has, they look nice though the front panel grill.

A new thing I tried with some clear led fans is to cover the led's, and dismantle the fan and hit everything with some flat black.

It gives a really unique lighting effect, and makes the el cheapo looking clear plastic less cheap looking.

Give it a try and see what you think.

I'm thinking the Film one myself. Looks good.

And that is a nifty idea aspire, I may have to try that myself sometime.

A new thing I tried with some clear led fans is to cover the led's, and dismantle the fan and hit everything with some flat black.

It gives a really unique lighting effect, and makes the el cheapo looking clear plastic less cheap looking.

Give it a try and see what you think.

hey aspire, can you provide a pic of this effect?

what would be cool is a vinyl that is a black brushed aluminium look, similar to the TJ07 case or CM 840...

well i got the side hole window cut out
sidewindowcut.jpg

it needs some major sanding done around the edges, this should be easy with the dremel.

here is a preview of it installed on the case.
case_window.jpg

i will post pic's of this again after the trim + window is applied.

I didn't like the logo when you first showed what it was going to be. But seeing it on that case makes me like it. Good job. I'm anxious to see what this turns out to look like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom