Need A New Graphics Card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iishy

Solid State Member
I'm planning to build a new computer somewhere around summer of next year with the budget of about 1200$. this will be a HUGE upgrade from my 2 year old Hp computer.

My Question: Well, it will be quite awhile until i can actually build my desired rig so i want to replace my onboard nvidia geforce 6150SE. Are there any good cards out there that will be compatible and fit my needs and doesnt need to be anything fancy?

For now i just play games like warcraft and cs since its the only thing my comp can handle well barely. i have a budget of about 50$ or so.

Thank you for quick reply!
Seems like a good card and i think it'll fit in my case. Too bad i can't get it by tomorrow though =/

EDIT: If i am able to get the card can i ask where i can sell the game =P. Im guessing gamestop?

Its requires no power connector, so the HD 4670 pretty much runs in any computer that has a PCI-e slot..

It puts my HD 3850 to shame because its the same performance but requires a lot less power (not saying I don't <3 my HD 3850 though)

Do not mean to hijack this thread (but it seems kinda resolved :p)

Is this card worth upgrading to from a 8600GT? I am thinking about getting a new video card (Diablo 3, Starcraft II, Street Fighter 4) and would need a new PSU if I decided to get something faster.

Any suggestions? Maybe recommend a PSU and a video card for those games?
(yeah I know they aren't out but they should be too bad >.<)

here are some I was looking @
HD 4770
Newegg.com - XFX HD-477A-YDLC Radeon HD 4770 512MB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
HD 4830
Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100265HDMI Radeon HD 4830 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
HD 4670 *does not need a new PSU which is cool*
Newegg.com - HIS Hightech H467QT512P Radeon HD 4670 IceQ Turbo 512MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
9800GT
Galaxy GeForce 9800 GT Video Card - 512MB DDR3, PCI Express 2.0, SLI Ready, (Dual Link) Dual DVI, HDTV 98TFF6HUUEXX at TigerDirect.com

Looking forward to replies :]

Either get the HD 4670 or the HD 4770 depending on your budget.. and its definitely worth it

Well i settled on a 4670 because of my budget :\

If i had about 30 dollars more i'd definetly get the 4770 because from the review at anandtechs it is on par with 4850 and a little faster than gts 250 all for only 100$!

I'd recommend the 4770!

Actually its the GTS 250 and HD 4850 are tied.. it did beat the GTS 250 in a couple of cases with the AA on though.. which is great, because like the HD 4800's it takes no performance hit with AA (or little of it)

What PSU would cover these cards? Guess I would want a cheap one :p

Also would a Anthlon 64 x2 bottleneck these?

The HD 4670 takes about the same poewr as an 8600GT..

HD 4770 doesn't need that much of a PSU though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom