antec 300 number 2: givie ideas/comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah sounds like that would look really cool since you would put the mesh back on.

I never thought of that aspire, that would be a good idea too.

aspire, can you reccommend a good place to pick up some smoked plexy?

my local lowes only carries clear ;)

all i need ia 7x7 ...all i have room for up top.

edit: and the fun began:
primer in progress
primer.jpg

i must have picked up the worst can of primer they had, not the brand but the nozzel on it, it has got to be the worst "working" spray can i have ever used, i would almost rather it just be completly broken so i would have a really good reason to drive 20 mins to exchange it. that said, first coat of primer is on. not sure how much patients i will have with the 2nd coat. the nozzel is driving me nutz

Try here.

eStreetPlastics - plexiglass sheet supplier

They also stock all kinds of other colors, perhaps buy a few sheets of different colors and save on shipping.

wow thanks, those prices are great compaired to lowes clear plexy!
i paid $13.xx for 1/8" X 18 x 24 clear @ lowes

this place has same size for 10.79. good stuff!

edit: order placed,....all i got was a 6x12 transparent "smoked" panel. total with shipping came up to $6 bucks and some change.
good stuff!

top panel mod is a go.

I vote nay on the CF vinyl... it never looks realistic... comes out cheap and fake... could just buy a small sheet of real CF and cut it as needed...

I vote nay on the CF vinyl... it never looks realistic... comes out cheap and fake... could just buy a small sheet of real CF and cut it as needed...

how much will that run me? i think i would need less than 6x24 to complete the job.

edit for updates:

task interior paint is completed.

blackinterior.jpg

closeup.jpg

that flat black didnt turn out so flat, its still has a glar when light shines on it. but i can live with that.
i missed a few spots where the tape was, so i just to a sharpie to it.

next up is the 2 x window jobs, first the side panel (tomorrow) and then the top panel "smoked" window (thanks aspire) when ever that comes in thru the mail. also awaiting the trim from mnpctech.com. that should get here early next week i suppose.

for the top panel project, i will need to remove the top panel. this should be failry easy, i just need to remember what size drill-bit i use so i can get that size screws to put the top panel back on when its finished. rather than using 2 sided tape, i think i am going to bolt this small window on, being its on the top of the case ....if i get lazy i dont want to set a drink up there and have it fall thru because the 2sided tape is giving out due to age (later down the road)

still could use some suggestions for side panel paintjob (custom design) if needed.
i could paint with arcylic paint and seal it with some thick polyurethane coats....or maybe just scrap the idea.

open up to all suggestions/ideas ( i still have about 2 weeks or so to get this done, so no rush on this project)

Robot MarketPlace - Carbon Fiber - Black Sheets

or a custom size:
Robot MarketPlace - Custom Carbon Fiber Sheets

not sure how this stuff would look, but it might be easier to work with:
Performance Carbon Fiber Fabric Sheets | SlyMachines.com

I've thought about trying to mess with CF and a case, but man... to do anything more than a small job would be very expensive... although to just to a little like you are, it might look cool..

In case you didn't already know, the carbon fiber sheet is what you use to lay your own actual carbon fiber pieces. It isn't something you just glue on and it looks like CF.

ya those prices are too high anyways hehe, i would have been better off investing in a better case ;)

not looking to spend a whole lot on this 300.

so far :

16 for plexy
8 for primer+paint
12 for trim

still under $100.
i think i will try the carbon fiber vinyl, if it dont look good or is too hard to work with, its can just come off and only a few bucks waisted.

In case you didn't already know, the carbon fiber sheet is what you use to lay your own actual carbon fiber pieces. It isn't something you just glue on and it looks like CF.

You sure about that with those specific sites? I've seen some places you can buy actual CF in sheets... looks like that on the robot site.. otherwise you wouldn't be able to choose the weave style/color.. as for the other one... it's a synthetic fabric with CF in it... not real CF, but a flexible CF looking material... which would look more realistic than vinyl I would think..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom