Great Beginner Build Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spit-wad

Bake a Pretty Cake!
I just wanted to post this guide I stumbled across... I think it's a great overview of the steps you go through when physically assembling a computer. It's pretty basic, and not all components will be attached the exact same way (for example, the heatsink in this guide is attached with pushpins, rather than screws). Anyways, thought it might be helpful for someone preparing for a first build... only takes 5-10 minutes to go through.

Build a PC - Introduction to Building your PC - PCitYourself.com

Since it fits with the topic, here are some other guides that have been posted on tech-forums before, which I found to be very helpful on my first build:

Build a System: Page 1
How to build a PC - The Tech Report - Page 1

Great pictures in both of those.

Hope this helps someone who hasn't built before!

Only had a quick look but that is a great video, animations are very clear. Also the reason it has pushpins is because its the intel stock cooler and not aftermarket they always use push pins to make it easy for first timers. Good find!

Unfortunately those push pins are a major PIA

Good find on that though. The animations will make it pretty easy for beginners to understand.

Unfortunately those push pins are a major PIA

Good find on that though. The animations will make it pretty easy for beginners to understand.

lol they are a PIA, you get three in then the fourth just wants to do its own thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom