Techist - Tech Forum - View Single Post - I got MacParking Fined again.

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 03:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Kharn
Lord Techie

Default Re: I got MacParking Fined again.

I hate the cowboy (sorry not you its a term used in the UK quite a lot) parking units, in the UK they are fond of clamping because it is so unregulated and then they charge excessive fines per hour that it is still there.

A relative of mine was parked legally outside the office he works in and it is on road parking on his side of the street on the other side you have to pay for the parking but on this day they decided that the whole road was there's and clamped his car for 7 hours it was amassing fines totalling around the £300 mark. He came out and saw the clamp called the number and they didn't believe him an refused to send some one out to remove the clamp so he called back and asked for the manager an his response was the same as the call centre staff's was. So James walks down the road to Machine mart and buys a petrol powered grinder and a steel cutting disk. removed the clamp puts it in the back of his car and drives home.

Once he gets home he decides to box everything up including the grinder and a letter billing them for it and the removal of the clamp, it's been 6 months now and they are trying to sue him for criminal damage he however is counter suing them for vandalism and with holding property he owns and interference of a vehicle.

Want to do even more? Take a look here and join the fight on human trafficking.

Hear and you forget, see and you remember, do and you understand.

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.