Need a build for a friend from the build guru's

Status
Not open for further replies.

myowngod

In Runtime
I know a guy who has been looking at pre-mades for a graduation gift.. I was trying to explain he could build one nicer for his budget... I haven't kept up with it much lately, so I thought I'd query the greater build guru's for some ideas... budget is ~1000-1100 or under... I know I could put together a decent intel build, but I'm wondering if at this price range an AMD build might work better? anyone out there willing to work a miracle?, I've seen some of you pull off some amazing ones so lets see if you guys can do it again...

Uses: Mid to high level gaming, multi-tasking, programming, etc... I doubt he'd need more than a GTX260...

I'd do it myself but its finals week and I've procrastinated enough as it is.. so thanks in advance...

Nice build. I didn't even think to try an i7 build, I thought it would be too much but with this barely being over budget I'd say it is definitely worth it.

Just noticed though that mine is the only one that included a monitor. If you need a monitor too, you're probably gonna be stuck with my build (unless someone can tweak it to make it a little better). If you don't, get baron's build.

wow.. not bad you guys.. i7 for 1100? with a 4870 to boot... not sure if he has a monitor already.. I shall find out.... either way.. sick builds for the money...

You had high expectations for us guys here and i didn't want to disappoint you ;) Yeah hopefully you dont need to add the monitor otherwise you would have to really cheap out on x58 mobo and triple channel ram to make it about 1100.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom