4870s

Status
Not open for further replies.
What res you playing on? The 1GB would be better but the 512mb has worked ok on 1600x1200 for me. Even played Crysis at 1920x1080 for a bit with the settings turned up (level 3 or 4 with the CCC CUDAATS custom config) though aa was off.

The 1gb HIS has a $10 MIR, so it will be 170...It's up to you mate, like I said, I wish the XFX was cheaper. For higher resolutions, that would be your best bet.

So your gonna wait a few months? By then the 4890 might be a lot cheaper and you could get that or a newer card (any newer cards coming out in a few months? I think gtx300 is october but thats nvidia.) I would bet the 1GB 4870 will be down to 4870 512MB prices within a few months so you can at least get that.

Yeah, I'm kinda of banking on that lol. College student=poor. But I'm still fairly open to change...who knows, the 4890s might be worth it for me. I would like to upgrade before I get REALLY poor.

Yeah, I'm giving up on my ipod touch, a fancy new phone, a PS3...new TV. *sigh*

Hec is on the avoid list in the power supply guide. I highly recommend investing in a good Corsair or PC Power & Cooling psu before upgrading your gpu. Are you planning on running crossfire in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom