And it begins, New Build: Project HAFshell

Status
Not open for further replies.
no more pics for now.. I told myself I wont touch it until after finals... so no updates until saturday! lol - I've decided to switch things up.. I'm ordering a mcp655 and EK multi res.. gonna use that with my cpu loop and mount the other in the HDD bay for the gpu loop... should clean things up better... but I have some strange routing in mind for the 655 so it might not work... gotta try though..

Finals already... this is our "dead-week" Finals are next week and then I finally get to walk across that **** stage with my goofy hat on...Woot!!!

So do you have 2 GTX285s now?

yea.. finals already... we are done on may 1st...

second gtx285 will come around the end of august... I'm trying to ration my spending while I'm in school as I don't have much extra cash with all these bills.. but I'd like to finish the GPU loop and get the 285 around september... plus a bigger turbo and intercooler for my car this summer hopefully..... too many things not enough money ya know?

yea.. finals already... we are done on may 1st...

second gtx285 will come around the end of august... I'm trying to ration my spending while I'm in school as I don't have much extra cash with all these bills.. but I'd like to finish the GPU loop and get the 285 around september... plus a bigger turbo and intercooler for my car this summer hopefully..... too many things not enough money ya know?

Mmmm....nice what kind of car and engine? I feel ya on the spending money rationally, I'm so happy I talked my grandpa and mom into my new computer as my graduation gift. Plus I showed them the cost of the parts on newegg compared to Alienware and they about passed out. Though the price is only a couple hundred more on Ibuypower but meh I still want to build it just to say I did!

Mmmm....nice what kind of car and engine? I feel ya on the spending money rationally, I'm so happy I talked my grandpa and mom into my new computer as my graduation gift. Plus I showed them the cost of the parts on newegg compared to Alienware and they about passed out. Though the price is only a couple hundred more on Ibuypower but meh I still want to build it just to say I did!

Yea... graduation gifts will be nice lol one semester to go- not sure what to get yet... car is a 04 forester XT with the 2.5 boxer out of an Sti.. my little sleeper wagon :D not nearly as cool as an Sti.. but 1/2 the cost, 1/2 the insurance, and 85% of the performance...

You wont regret building it yourself... I was thinking of buying an alien, then went to ibuypower... eventually found this place and decided to undergo my first build... now I'm on my second, and I wont ever buy another pre-built computer..

Yea... graduation gifts will be nice lol one semester to go- not sure what to get yet... car is a 04 forester XT with the 2.5 boxer out of an Sti.. my little sleeper wagon :D not nearly as cool as an Sti.. but 1/2 the cost, 1/2 the insurance, and 85% of the performance...

You wont regret building it yourself... I was thinking of buying an alien, then went to ibuypower... eventually found this place and decided to undergo my first build... now I'm on my second, and I wont ever buy another pre-built computer..

Yeah before I came here, I wanted an alienware because of their cool case design.

Yeah before I came here, I wanted an alienware because of their cool case design.

Funny you say that... I was talking to some of my mechanical engineering friends tonight at dinner and they laughed at alienware and dell... They told me I was way better off buying the parts and building it. they said even a business major like me could build a computer. Then I reminded them that I used to play college football and I could kill them so they shutup lol...

All joking aside I think building it is going to be an experience in itself. Learning about all the parts and basically creating something that will be respected. Post more pics!!!

Mmmm....very nice.... a Subie with the power of an Sti but looks like an SUV... very nice sleeper indeed! Stock turbo and IC? What year is the engine? I absolutely love the 2nd gen Sti's but Subaru needed to compete with the station wagons dominating rally so alas they had to make the current generation :( I know this is a PC forum but I freakin' love cars too... I grew up loving muscle cars but I have a huge respect for imports and the power they can get outta little 4 and 6 cylinder engines... cough cough "turbo!"

Mmmm....very nice.... a Subie with the power of an Sti but looks like an SUV... very nice sleeper indeed! Stock turbo and IC? What year is the engine? I absolutely love the 2nd gen Sti's but Subaru needed to compete with the station wagons dominating rally so alas they had to make the current generation :( I know this is a PC forum but I freakin' love cars too... I grew up loving muscle cars but I have a huge respect for imports and the power they can get outta little 4 and 6 cylinder engines... cough cough "turbo!"

Ah me too my friend, I actually came from a heavily modified fox body mustang.. but it was a terrible daily driver... was looking at a WRX (needed something that could tow a small boat) for 15k and saw this thing on craigslist... ad said forester turbo, and I was like.. hmmm... turns out these things are flipping awesome, although I dislike the looks, they are literally a WRX chassis, an Sti engine, and a stronger than WRX tranny.. every mod for a WRX STi fits this car.. and the price... 2004 for 10k with 43k miles... I couldn't say no...

She is currently stock, big downside to these is you need a tuner to run any mods safely.. tuner is 600 bux... so I'm having to save extra for mods.. hoping to get an Sti TMIC and a vf39 for a grad gift, buying a TBE (turbo back exhaust) myself.. and getting a dyno tune.. should make around 300 AWHP.. good for high 12's low 13's... all I'd want to do for a daily...

Ah me too my friend, I actually came from a heavily modified fox body mustang.. but it was a terrible daily driver... was looking at a WRX (needed something that could tow a small boat) for 15k and saw this thing on craigslist... ad said forester turbo, and I was like.. hmmm... turns out these things are flipping awesome, although I dislike the looks, they are literally a WRX chassis, an Sti engine, and a stronger than WRX tranny.. every mod for a WRX STi fits this car.. and the price... 2004 for 10k with 43k miles... I couldn't say no...

She is currently stock, big downside to these is you need a tuner to run any mods safely.. tuner is 600 bux... so I'm having to save extra for mods.. hoping to get an Sti TMIC and a vf39 for a grad gift, buying a TBE (turbo back exhaust) myself.. and getting a dyno tune.. should make around 300 AWHP.. good for high 12's low 13's... all I'd want to do for a daily...

Nice man... You aren't gonna touch the fuel system? Maybe new injectors? How much is the TBE going to cost and by who? **** it I need to hurry up and graduate so I can build my **** computer lol.....

fuel system is good for ~300AWHP, after that it would need bigger injectors... and the tuner handles everything as far as the fuel system goes... I'm piecing together a TBE made of grimmspeed parts, just not sure what kind of cat-back to match it to.

Its probably good you have to wait to build it.. prices are always dropping, maybe you'll get something even better when the time comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom