Sub Box Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bigger doesn't always mean better.... Depends on what the sub is made for, and what type of music you will be listening to... To big, and it would be similar to the sub being on a baffle plate in the back with no box.... Would allow the sub to move far to much, and easily bottom out for what it is rated. That is one thing I noticed with kickers, the smaller, the higher the wattage but the harder it is to hit lower frequencies... But that isn't a problem if your trying to stay around 38-40hz....

Ya, i plan on going with a fairly small box for the w3, mainly because i like nice tight and fast beats. I mostly listen to techno/rock rather than rap.

Yeah, i dont need anything insane. Im not gonna be trying to blow up windows with this, if that was the case i'd throw two 12s/15s and get a real amp, but im not interested in that. what was the main objective for this build was to conserve the amount of space in my trunk. i accomplished that. we'll just have to see how everything sounds later.

and tbh, even just my new 6x9s have enough bass to get my trunk rattling, which does suck, and im not interested in spending hundreds of dollars on insulation.

It isn't really for "insulation" it is more for keeping the metal from vibrating producing a metalic sound.... Anyways, 6x9s, if you have the right kind, in a decent enclosure, which most cars have them in an enclosure of some sort now, have great sounding lows.

It isn't really for "insulation" it is more for keeping the metal from vibrating producing a metalic sound.... Anyways, 6x9s, if you have the right kind, in a decent enclosure, which most cars have them in an enclosure of some sort now, have great sounding lows.

i know what it's for, and it is insulation. SOUND INSULATION. ;]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom