Can not get power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What two pieces? The cpu and mobo for sure right? I swapped the cpu into the old mobo and got nothing. swapped the old cpu into the current mobo and nothing.

I just want to be on the same page as you guys haha ;)

edit: I will go home and swap the ram, see if that does anything and post back. Thanks again for your continuous help guys

edit love: I saw this suggested another thread posted yesterday: Won't turn on..

Try this first:

1. Unplug the power cord from the pc
2. Press the power button to drain any leftover charge from the system
3. Remove the CMOS battery and press the power button again
4. Replace the CMOS battery, plug the power cord back in, and try starting the pc again.

If it works, then your system probably overheated while you were playing fallout. Check your temps, especially on the cpu, make sure nothing's overheating.

Are we past that?

Okay..... As you didn't swap RAM yet, you could have dead RAM AND a cpu, or mobo... or both.

Swapping RAM, you might beable to boot the older parts. Then swap mobo and cpu again to hopefully find one of them still good.

You might want to try that... But if you get no spinning at all, thats usually past that.

Well this was kind of interesting. I used that stick of ram I brought home from the office, put it in the old setup (asrock, 3200+, same hdds, same corsair psu) and still got no signal from my monitor. The only common denominator here is the psu. Not only was the HDD led staying on but I couldn't get my disc drive to open, the green led for it just stayed lit. This is crazyness. It has to be some combination of faulty parts, I am just lost on which it is.

That fix I posted in the other thread you'd usually use when pressing the power button does nothing, not even get the fans spinning.

When the leds light up for half a second, that means the system protection had already 'reset', but when you tried to turn in on something triggered it again. THAT usually means your motherboard's died. However, after reading the rest of the thread, I'd say the cpu could be gone too.

Here's what you need to do.
1. Get a system that works (boots up, loads everything correctly, etc.). Before saying "yeah I have one" I want you to actually start it up and verify that it works first. We'll call this pc System2
2. Take the psu from your old system and install it in System2. If it doesn't work, bin it. If it does work, put it to one side. Then install the original psu back in System2.
3.Take ONE ram stick from the broken system, install it in System2. follow the same steps outlined in step 2 for the 'it does/doesn't work' part.
4. Take the cpu from your old system and install it in System2. follow the same steps outlined in step 2

If all the components you test work, then the problem is with your motherboard. If some don't work, post back.

Ok. Let me get ahold of a solid comp and I will get back. Thanks for the patience guys...my head is spinning here and I am starting to feel like I have down syndrom, and i'm sure you guys have thrown a few facepalms up haha. Give me a couple days to post back.

Nah, no face-palmen yet.

Saddly when multiple items go capoot, its a biotch... That was half the reasoning ehind my folding rig.

I gots me a second part to try and eliminate bad parts.

I hate when multiple parts fail at the same time... PSU could have failed, causing the OVP on the mobo to trip, or burned the mobo up, causing the CPU to burn up... A lot of things could have easily happened to take more than one piece of hardware out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom