Dummy overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just use a little, around the size of a piece of rice right in the center of the Heatspreader. You want the compound to be thinly layered but not so thin that you can see thru it.

I don't know why the bios reports such a low number but mine does the same. Once again you should use the EVGA E-LEET software. It's a very good utility.

what is the diffrence?
evga.jpg

temps look normal to me... its on air.. i7's run hot..

do you guys have any idea the kind of watt output these things do??? i've seen mine hit 137watt

massive tdp guys...

According to the info I found at EVGA the "CPU" temp is the socket temp, or the temp of the mobo at the socket. Whereas the core temps are the actual temps of the cpu cores themselves.

What speed are you running at the temps your showing? Mine are about the same but I'm at 4.2Ghz with a D0 stepping i7 920.

what direction is your heatsink fan going? It looks to me like it is pushing air to the front of the case.

You want it to push air through the heatsink towards the back of the case to be exhausted.

Ideally what you would want is a fan up front sucking air into your case with the top and back fans pushing air out of the case.

what direction is your heatsink fan going? It looks to me like it is pushing air to the front of the case.

You want it to push air through the heatsink towards the back of the case to be exhausted.

Ideally what you would want is a fan up front sucking air into your case with the top and back fans pushing air out of the case.

No, the fan is blowing to the back. Note the lack of visible motor mounts. The mounts are always on the side the air is moving out from.

i took it apart remounted it and same temps again wtf is going on?

The temp's in your previous post look okay to me. If you want lower temps you'll need to buy a better heatsink or lap the one you have. Or you could go with a water-cooling setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom