Who makes the Best Processor

• AMD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Intel

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Especially when you get a i45 and overclock it. The amd x2's overclocked a little but nowhere near as much as the wolfdales do. Which is it what makes them so good, there is still alot more performance to gain at 4GHZ

Yeah, the newer Phenom II's are pretty sweet at overclocking as well, but the older AMD chips aren't really.

Haha I don't know why it is that expensive either. I just searched in the same pricerange and saw that and a 6000+ for a little cheaper

Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X3 720 2.8GHz 3 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Black Processor - Processors - Desktops

Here's a much better processor than that one. It is $50 cheaper than the e8500 and I think you could probably argue both ways which is better. I would probably go with the e8500 just because of its raw overclocking potential but they are both good processors

I will say that in the $100-$200 range, AMD wins in quad cores. All that intel has to offer there is the q8--- series and they were a flop.

Yeah, there was a heated debate about the x3 720 and the E8400 in another thread. It's a matter of preference and what you do with it really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom