Mobo/gpu

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceyc0ld

In Runtime
One question since my 6150 LE is intergrated I heard that if it is I need to take out MOBO to take out card does that affect anything while putting in my HD 4670?

...what? The integrated video can't be taken out mate. Normally, a dedicated video card makes the mobo default to that, but you should check it in the BIOS to set it to PCI-E instead of IGP.

So your saying I just um leave the Intergrated card there and just install the new 1? if not guide me plz I dont want this to mess up I wanna play games without lag.

Well, you'll know if the dedicated card is working, because you won't get any video if you're plugged into the new card and it isn't working. I would just check out the BIOS to see what options they have about default GFX.

Integrated = part of the motherboard, built in.

You can turn it off via the BIOS, but it can't be taken out.

Integrated = part of the motherboard, built in.

You can turn it off via the BIOS, but it can't be taken out.

QFT.......unless you break out your soldering iron...you wont be able to remove the integrated video because it is hardwired to the motherboard (usually on the rear IO panel with the sound and usb and serial ports)

QFT.......unless you break out your soldering iron...you wont be able to remove the integrated video because it is hardwired to the motherboard (usually on the rear IO panel with the sound and usb and serial ports)

Well the integrated video is often hardwired into the chipset.

So I can still Install the new card I just leave the intergrated card there right?

Btw, how do I go to then BIOS to turn it off btw, I'm on Vista.

It depends on your motherboard, not your operating system. Usually it's something like the del key, F1 or F2. It should say when you boot up.

lololol i cant get to the bios i tried all u said hikari didnt work

besides turning it off through bios once I turn it off i wont have problems with other card right? LOOK DOWN THERE

*EDIT EDIT EDIT* Ok nvm I got to the Bios so there were couple options and none of them sound like graphics card so then there was on that sad Primary video so I clicked that and it said this:

PCI..........[ ]
PCI-E.......[ ]
Onboard........ [ ]

so I thought I was supposed to click on onboard to shut down my 6150 but i was scared so I came here lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom