E8500 Intel Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaime1986

Solid State Member
Hi guys,

I've tried to fit the E8500 on to my Acer M1610 "f762cr" MoBo but, and have flashed the BIOS with the new settings from the download on the Acer website.

Its posting but wont load any further than the vista green load bar.

If someone could please help me, id be very grateful.

Did you have Windows installed before you installed the new processor?

If so you most likely need to repair it using your Vista DVD. If you boot from the disk a repair Window will appear. Let it repair what needs to be fixed and try booting Windows again.

Did you have Windows installed before you installed the new processor?

If so you most likely need to repair it using your Vista DVD. If you boot from the disk a repair Window will appear. Let it repair what needs to be fixed and try booting Windows again.

Vista was installed before the processor, and it works fine with the old processor. Also when i first brought the pc it never came with a vista disc. Should i create a boot up disc or something like that maybe?

Unfortunately you need a Vista disk. It's the only way to repair Windows so that it won't keep freezing when detecting your new processor.

As long as it's an equal or greater copy.

Meaning you can't use a Vista Home Basic disk if you have Vista Home Premium. But you can use Vista Ultimate.

As long as it's an equal or greater copy.

Meaning you can't use a Vista Home Basic disk if you have Vista Home Premium. But you can use Vista Ultimate.

Are you sure? I thought, each Vista disc contains the same content, but only installs which version your key is for. So presumably you can repair whatever version with the disc, if I'm remembering right.

That is the case as Mak has said before.

But... Home Basic has never worked for me when repairing something greater than it.

Unfortunately you need a Vista disk. It's the only way to repair Windows so that it won't keep freezing when detecting your new processor.

So when I get a copy of the vista disc, all i need to do is - put the E8500 in and on load up put the disc in and it will repair itself?

As long as your computer is set to boot from it's CD/DVD drive first yes. You will also have to click OK a couple of times in the Vista setup for it to start. It's pretty straight forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom