And it begins, New Build: Project HAFshell

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's an odd location for the t-line. i assume you are going to make it longer. but looks good so far.

to be honest I had no bloody idea where to put it.. if you have a better suggestion feel free.. I was told to place it at the lowest point in the loop.. which i did... other than that I have no idea...

I am building a very close setup to this come June... What PSU did you end up going with? I was looking at the Corsair 1000HX. I don't think 1000 watts is needed for even dual GTX285s but for some reason I just want the power!!! lol... Do you have a NewEgg wishlist of your parts? Great looking setup so far man... I can't wait to see more pics!!!

I am building a very close setup to this come June... What PSU did you end up going with? I was looking at the Corsair 1000HX. I don't think 1000 watts is needed for even dual GTX285s but for some reason I just want the power!!! lol... Do you have a NewEgg wishlist of your parts? Great looking setup so far man... I can't wait to see more pics!!!

I went with the HX - was looking for a modular 850... but they were more expensive than the 1000... so why not? plus now I have power for 2 285's and a physX card... and anything else i might throw at it in the future..

that's an odd location for the t-line. i assume you are going to make it longer. but looks good so far.

I think that's supposed to be a drain line. Not a fill line.

He does have a reservoir in the loop which is ideally where he would add the coolant to the loop.

USE CLAMPS.

I went with the HX - was looking for a modular 850... but they were more expensive than the 1000... so why not? plus now I have power for 2 285's and a physX card... and anything else i might throw at it in the future..
Modular becomes very useful especially when you are going to run sli mode. It might be worth getting a modular psu.

Nice build mate. MORE PICS!!

It might be worth getting a modular psu.

Yeah modular is worth it. My next psu will be the 1000hx probably. I would probably never use the power, but it is nice to have.

I think that's supposed to be a drain line. Not a fill line.

He does have a reservoir in the loop which is ideally where he would add the coolant to the loop.

USE CLAMPS.

Yea... drain line.. fill line is near the res. inside drive bay.

As for clamps, the worm drives I had were practically impossible to get to work in the positions I was using... after reading a ton on XS.org i decided zip ties would work... unless there is a different type of clamp?

Oh and pic was before adding coolant or zip ties...

thought about maybe re-running the lines and mounting the res outside of the drive bays... this would allow me to make a shorter cleaner loop.. and I can theoretically use the fill port as a drain port if i turn the system upside down right? I just hate messing up the clean look of the lines with that drain line... any thoughts/suggestions?

possible location of res/pump is in pic...

Is it bad to mount a reservoir at the bottom of a loop? I was thinking about rigging the XSPC res/DDC pump to fit into the HDD bay, as a loop for the GPU.. and then getting another loop for the cpu...

EDIT: Decided to leave it as-is for now.. don't see the point in redoing the loop if I'm just going to pull it apart for the 2nd loop.. thinking i'll mount the DDC+top in the HDD bay, with a 2x120 rad on the backside of the bay for the GPU's... but we will see.. for now.. it's not pretty.. and I don't like the drain lines location.. but it will work..

Attachments

• res.jpg
    res.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 110
no more pics for now.. I told myself I wont touch it until after finals... so no updates until saturday! lol - I've decided to switch things up.. I'm ordering a mcp655 and EK multi res.. gonna use that with my cpu loop and mount the other in the HDD bay for the gpu loop... should clean things up better... but I have some strange routing in mind for the 655 so it might not work... gotta try though..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom