Cheapest build for an i7? Also Whats is this called?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ric0h

Over and Above Person
Can someone show me their I7 build? (with prices and stuff?)

also, I watch alot of movies when I am about to sleep in my computer, in is there a remote control I can use to regulate volume, and turn off pc and do things like that? via remote control?

Can somebody help me?

i tried using the search function, but i get a tons of different things.

for the second question i gues you could use something like this
Newegg.com - KEYSPAN ER-V2 Silver USB RF Wireless RF Remote for Windows Vista - Mouse
a remote for MCE but works with vista and xp non media center editions.

if you want the cheapest build for an i7 you would be looking at about 1200, with case power supply etc, included.

if you went with some thing like this
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives
then a video card of your choice in there. Maybe a core 216 or 4890 if you want to keep it cheapish. Of course this isn't absolute cheapest, you could go 3gb ddr1333 and a slightly cheaper mobo, but for hardly much more you can get much better rig.

A little trick I've used for shutting the pc down at a certain time is by creating a Batch file to run in command prompt and then triggering the auto shutdown sequence with a countdown timer for as long as you want to keep it on.

in no way shape or form would i recommend this set-up, but this is about as cheap as you can make it (from newegg) if you really really just wanted a banging cpu and everything else almost total junk.

280 for the i7 cpu
Newegg.com - Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

190 for the motherboard
Newegg.com - ZOTAC X58SLI-A-E LGA 1366 Intel X58 Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

45 for 3gb ddr3 ram
Newegg.com - WINTEC AMPX 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

50 for a 550w psu
Newegg.com - Rosewill RP550-2 550W ATX12V v2.01 Power Supply - Power Supplies

60 for video card
Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100248L Radeon HD 3850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

25 for case
Newegg.com - Rosewill R220-P-BK Black 0.5mm SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

40 for hard drive
Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3160813AS 160GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

90 for vista
Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic SP1 64-bit for System Builders - Operating Systems

total comes out to: $780 before taxes and shipping

knock yourself out or have at it

but i feel like i forgot a component.....
ah yes, dont forget to grab a really cheap 20 dollar disk drive

A little trick I've used for shutting the pc down at a certain time is by creating a Batch file to run in command prompt and then triggering the auto shutdown sequence with a countdown timer for as long as you want to keep it on.
im sorry what! lol j/k

true, if you have the money it really isn't that much more for a 6gb set unless you going for a crazy $400 set, which are not worth the price at the moment. It is actually quite a big increase from 6gb to 3gb, i guess this is because i7's phenomenal power to utilize all 6gb in triple channel.

Cheap and i7 can go in the same sentence together, but cheap, i7, and good really can't. If you want i7, be prepared to shell out over a grand for a good machine.

Though I will say Baron made a great attempt, that's not a bad machine if there's no gaming involved, and if it threw in 3gb more of RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom