Random restarts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No change. :(
So I think it's either PSU or driver related. Might just have to buy a PSU and see then.

I bet you could take it to a computer shop and they would let you borrow a PSU right then and there to test it out. If they do then all you need is to buy a PSU right from them and be good to go! :)

Also as for temp testling... lol i just slightly feel the heat sink and see if it's hot or not by touch. I personally think it's the PSU though.

Update:
I had trouble getting it to boot up the other day so I just went and brought a PSU in the hope of solving this, it's now not booting up to windows. It tries to start up, struggles like the other day and then stops. No beeps. :(

Nevermind, eventually it just started working and its been ok for a while. Unfortunately it's just restarted. So not a PSU problem then.
So basically after the new G-card it's been restarting, and upgrading the PSU to a 650W hasn't changed anything.

I'm out of ideas. :(

Hm. I'm lost to ideas as well.

I've just done diagnostics on the RAM too and it's fine. That only leaves the CPU or the MB. I would have thought if it was either of those it would have happened ages ago, or it would be more consistent. Still restarts for DVD's too. I unchecked the automatic restart box too and it just freezes instead of restarting, no blue screen so that's no help.

I thought I used to be good with computers, just wasted money on a PSU and G-card for nothing. :(

Well, I've put my old card back in now(didn't even change any software) and things are fine, no restarts, unfortunately it's not a good enough card for what I need.
So it's definately the new card that was the issue. After checking everything on the comp has been updated and trying so many different drivers and checking for overheating and everything I can only presume the card is faulty and will send it back. Thanks for the help guys. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom