PSU enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It should be ok on a 750TX. Ive worked it out before, because i might be upgrading to either the 750TX or the 850TX with two GTX285s. It should have enough, but if you want a bit more juice go with something a bit bigger - 1000W is a bit overkill though.

Will an 850 over 750 be of any use to me? Several have said 750 will be enough, what are the advantages?

There aren't necessarily 'advantages'. Its not like your rig will run faster with a bigger power supply. More power just allows more room for you to put more components in. The 750w will power everything you have though and unless you're planning on adding a third 285 (which would be pretty pointless unless you have a 30" monitor) then you don't need the 850w

It does allow more room for overclocking though. i7 chips can consume 50 more power when overclocked to 4GHz from the stock 2.67, it just leaves more headroom thats all.

I do run 3 22' at 5040x1050 with TH2G and 1 gtx 285 does a very good job maxing most games at that resolution. Seeing as how 1 card is that good, I think dual sli will be enough for me, besides, adding a 3rd would block the pci slot for my sound card.

You said running an i7 at 4ghz uses more power, of course, but still within the range of the 750 with 2 video cards? Thanks for all the help.

I do run 3 22' at 5040x1050 with TH2G and 1 gtx 285 does a very good job maxing most games at that resolution. Seeing as how 1 card is that good, I think dual sli will be enough for me, besides, adding a 3rd would block the pci slot for my sound card.

You said running an i7 at 4ghz uses more power, of course, but still within the range of the 750 with 2 video cards? Thanks for all the help.

Yes i would think it would be enough.

And yeh 2x285s will be more than enough for that res. My setup maxes out everything with at least 2xAA on a 27" screen...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom