Graphics card Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's more theirs but modified and updated by us. It's kind of a fusion, but the majority of the cards on there are from the original list, so yeah...

Look who's back (ME!!, but its short-lived)!!

Well, this list was originally started by Sora based on the XtremeSystem's list.. however after a while we started cluing in our own ideas, in fact you can see their list pushes the Core 216 above the HD 4870 a couple of weeks ago.. while ours puts the HD 4870 above..

So at which point does it turn from theirs to ours? once the first mod edits or the tenth time? 20th ect...

More like the 5th, because that's about when the so-called Mid-Range 8000 series came out.. and disputes came about ranks on thoseq

vernong1992!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I missed you.... hahaha. How did you escape my basement????

Anyway i love how the 8800 Ultra is still up there.

vernong1992!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I missed you.... hahaha. How did you escape my basement????

Anyway i love how the 8800 Ultra is still up there.

um.. lets just say you don't have a basement anymore ;) A lot of Dynamite can do a lot... :D

But ya the 8800Ultra is a sweet card, just ran extremely hot and sucked a lot of power... if I remember correctly I saw one go from eBay for $110 because he couldn't stand the temps, with a decent aftermarket cooler it could go far.. but I'd take the HD 4850 any day for a lot of reasons

- 55nm
- Cheaper
- Newer tech and not discontinuied
- Not as much of a Power Sucker
- Not as loud
- AMD's HD 4800 cards take virtually no hit from AA/AF

I mean you could always get the 8800Ultra, OC it a little, maybe run it through Crapsis for a bit on Very High... maybe it might fry and you get a better card

Nice :)

I'm looking into getting an HD 3870X2 just to max out COD4 with AA and AF on max and Max out Oblivion and get some of the best Graphics mods that come with it ..

If they were both overclocked to their maxes, the 4890 would be the champ. It still seems to me as if the 4890 is the better card.

you can compare gpu ghz directly nvidia cards always do much more with much less. the cards even out even more when oced the difference gets down to like 2 titles out of the 57.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom