Subwoofer Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikoman69

Daemon Poster
I have this setup running included amp right now. Magnum MB210SP by MTX Audio Ported Subwoofer Systems Enclosed Car Subwoofer Systems Car Audio and Video - Sonic Electronix
Now, ive herd the amp underpowers the subs. At 4ohm, each sub can handle 200w rms, for 400w total. The subs come running at 4 ohm (one set of speaker wires connected to rear of box, shared circuit between the 2 subs). Now, when i look at an amp, would maxing out the subs be 200W total rms out of the amp, or 400w total rms?

You need to wire the subs up so the represent a two ohm load on the amp in order for the amp to put out the 400 watts RMS to the subs which require 400 watts RMS total...

But, they should already be running at 2 ohms when you have them wired up to the amp... Take a multimeter to the back posts on the box while disconnected, and see what it says for your impedance(ohms), if at 2 then your good to go, if at 8, take the subs out, and wire them pos/pos and neg/neg and then hook them up to the terminal on the back, and your good to go... Just remember, you need to set your amp up correctly and make sure it is getting clean power. But no, that amp isn't really under powering the subs, its more like that amp is crap quality.... You do get what you pay for you know.... Especially in car audio.

Rockford Fosgate® - Woofer WiringWizard

lol!!

I bought this same kit and had the same problem....bought a new stronger amp and blew one of the subs within a couple minutes....theyre garbage, not really made by mtx.

ended getting a real mtx sub...a thunder 7500 and it blows both of them away.

i wanted the bundle for something i could bump while i got my real system, but it wasnt worth it.

This is a true mtx bundle that will give some nice bass:
MTX Audio TNP212D Combo with JH300 Amplifier Upgrade Sealed Subwoofer Systems Enclosed Car Subwoofer Systems Car Audio and Video - Sonic Electronix

lol!!

I bought this same kit and had the same problem....bought a new stronger amp and blew one of the subs within a couple minutes....theyre garbage, not really made by mtx.

ended getting a real mtx sub...a thunder 7500 and it blows both of them away.

i wanted the bundle for something i could bump while i got my real system, but it wasnt worth it.

This is a true mtx bundle that will give some nice bass:
MTX Audio TNP212D Combo with JH300 Amplifier Upgrade Sealed Subwoofer Systems Enclosed Car Subwoofer Systems Car Audio and Video - Sonic Electronix

Wow, i no nothing about car audio but if they are as good as you say they are, that seems really cheep for a good sub setup !

MTX is generally great sounding in a normal setup, they can't pound out bass like some other subs, but they are great for over all bass... Great to use MTX when listening to rock/techno/country and such... rap... ehh... if you don't like overpowering bass MTX is good.... And for that $300 it's a bargain IMO, as a set of kicker cvrs and a kicker amp would cost a bit more, but would put out far more bass and be quite a bit louder...

Dont know what you mean by not being able to make overpowering bass...actually mtx makes some killer subs....the thunder series were some of the best subs they ever made.

kicker cvr's are more in line with the thunder series.

I know for a fact two 7500's hit harder than an L7.

And a single 9500 in a ported box tuned to 35hz will pound your eardrums.

Unless youre referring to the newest mtx subs....i dont like those at all.

YouTube - bumpin with mtx 9500's

YouTube - 4 MTX 9500 12's

best line of subs mtx ever made

When ever I talk about subs, I try to talk about the latest models they offer, not older models... But I have never heard of a good system that is meant for rap and pure bass with MTX subs, usualy Kicker in them systems.... I have only heard one good MTX system all around, and they was using old *** MTX subs made back in the mid 90s... Probably blow any of the thunder series away...

That first link to the 9500s is a crap clip... Normal Kicker Comps can easily do that... Now that second one... I have seen CVR's do that when setup to push towards the top... But normally.... They will only do that when completely enclosed in the car... Rather nice to see MTX subs being able to do that...

BTW a 7500, well the current ones in production, are rated a LOT lower than a CVX... The 15inch is rated for the exact same wattage and freqs that a 12inch CVR can put out. Only thing that I did notice... They don't go up in RMS with size which Kicker and most other brands do...

It's just ever since the stupid "Jack Hammer" pimp my ride episode has appeared, everyone thinks that MTX is the best.... All around yes, but that sub... Far to big for the power it pulls... I have seen a solox easily beat a jackhammer out in competition.

But I do enjoy the look and quality of MTX amps...

As far as i know thunder 7500's arent made anymore, they were produced around 2004-2006.

And the 10" cvx is rated for 600rms, thats just 200rms more than rated for a 10" 7500. comp vr's are in line with 7500's.

And they do go up in wattage, thats what the 8500's and 9500's are. They can also take more than they are rated for....my 7500 is rated for 400rms and im feeding it just a bit over 500, and it still wants more.

Im only running this as a temp system. and cause i got a deal on it.....i know theres much better out there such as Fi, orion..etc.

youtube is full of fail...ive seen some nice mtx/kicker system and some horrible ones.

but from the way you talk i take it your are a kicker fan.

God I hate Fi, over priced junk IMO, similar to sony... That is about all I have seen and had experience of with Fi... Orion... I love them, especialy the older "cheater" amps they produced a LONG time ago... Back when I was a little itty baby...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom