Ge-Force 4400 TI

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah dude, the only thing thats killing you right now would be your lack of faster ram and lack of better CPU....other than that your graphics card can handle the games, but you REALLY need more ram, and not just more ram, more of faster ram cause PC2100 will just barely cut it.....all in all you need to try and get a new mobo, processor, and some ram and you'll be good to go. You can probably get a mobo and processor combo if you look somewhere, but hell, you could spend $50 and get the same kind of motherboard I got right now...and spend another like $80 on an OEM 2500+ XP chip and for $130 you've boosted your performance pretty dern good. Plus the 2500+ will be overclockable in the future....or you could spend $90 on the 35w 2400+ XP-M which has the same cache and same FSB as the 2500+ XP and is A LOT easier to overclock.....with the 35w its default is 11x166 = 1.8GHz (which is the same as the 2500+ XP actually) but the multi on the 2500+ will be locked...on the mobile xp it won't be! so You can change it to 9x200 = 1.8GHz and that way you can put in PC3200 ram, but the way you have it set up, you're achieving the same speed, 1.8GHz, but your FSB will be (2x200)400 instead of (2x166)333

Well I'm scoring 15,347 in AquaMark3, and I get little under 16 FPS lol. Is there anything I can do to change this? Also how much can I oc before I need to upgrade my cooling? What program do you use to oc?

Also it's an asus brand if that changes anything.
Do I want to enable fastwrites? And what should I set the aperture size to? I have the abilty to go up to 128....
My board is running the card at 4x agp, that's as fast as that will go.

Okay here are my options in the bios for agp- Aperture sizes:
256m
128m
64m
32m
16m
8m
4m
Those are my choices for that, Right now it's at 64m.

AGP Fast Write is disabled right now, should I enable it?
AGP 1 master WS Write and Read are both disable, should I enable them as well?

There is an AGP Driving Control, it is set to auto right now, but I can change it to manual and enter a hex value, what does that do?

in the BIOS, just leave everything that you don't know alone, such as the fast write and all that stuff...leave it at their defaults...as far as the aperture size goes...all that means is that whenever your video cards memory runs out of room you can designate so much of your system's RAM to basically help out.....Try it at either 128 or 256mb and see which one gets you better results. If you want to absolutely KNOW what those other options are then refer to your motherboard manual or go googlin for answers...but besides that you should leave them at their defaults and just change aperture size

what's having a GF4 Ti4200 have to do with what version of DirectX you're using? They are two seperate things man...besides I was wrong about that...just installed sof2 the otherday and it uses DirectX 8.1!! not 9 my bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom