why is AMD FX-53 so darn slow????

Status
Not open for further replies.
DoomUK said:
:confused: Hmmm... nope, I'm sure it's the clock speed which is the Intel equivelent. Taking my CPU as an example, it's the equivelant to a 2.17ghz Intel, not a 3.0ghz...

Hmmmm..... nope. The clock speed of AMD cpu's and those of Intel cpu's cannot be directly compared. The Althon XP 3000+ may run at 2.17 ghz, but that does not mean it is the same speed as a 2.17 ghz Pentium 4. The Althon is actually MUCH faster than a Pentium 4 at the same clock speed. I'd say the XP 3000+ is about equal to a 2.8 ghz P4, in most respects. If you do a quick google search for "AMD vs. Intel", I am sure it will explain it better.

Hmmm... nope, I'm sure it's the clock speed which is the Intel equivelent. Taking my CPU as an example, it's the equivelant to a 2.17ghz Intel, not a 3.0ghz...

Hmmmm double nopes.....you need to re-investigate your stuff there DoomUK before you go acting like you know it all....you'd be right in saying that the 3000+ is more equivelant to a 3.0GHz not the other way around like you said....a 2.17GHz AMD would kill a 2.17GHz Intel.....the 3000+ is just a rough estimate...like D4RK said...it may be that of only a 2.8 not necessarrily 3GHz on the dot...but still....the point still remains that the AMD's do more work per cycle...so you can't compare the clockspeeds directly.

D4RK basically said everything correctly, but I wanted to re-inforce it even further muahahahaha

Well guys, I was told oltherwise :) ... but I'm off to do my homework regardless.... I'll get back to you :D

yeah, whoever told u should be "excommunicated" from the AMD community, ...saying a 2.17Ghz athlon is comparable to a 2.17Ghz Intel... how dare he think AMD's are that bad. *shudders*

OK, why is it then that when I run a Micro-Scope boot up disk (not sure which version), it tells me that my CPU is actually running at just over 1200mhz (166 fsb)?

I'm really curious ...:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom