HELP not detecting bootable media!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizzardxexe

In Runtime
i'm halping y firend build a computer, and everything is working fine, we just finished build.

it posts fine, i can get into BIOS and navigate, but when i put in the vista x64 disc it just sits there and then says "please insert bootable media" or something like that. i don't think we did anything wrong, except...

the motherboard has that 8-pin hole on it right? in the computer i built a couple months ago my ps had one of those 8 pin connetors. this powersupply (integrated, we didnt have a lot of money)(Newegg.com - HEC 6C28BBX585 Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 585W Power Supply - Computer Cases) doesnt have an 8-pin connector for some stupid reason. so we didnt put anything into it and it didnt POST, and then we put the extra 4 pin in and it POSTed. but it ont detect that there is "bootable media"

yes, i have changed the boot order in the bios. we are using some asrock AM3 mobo

PLEASE HELP, is there an 8 pin adapter that we can get? is that the problem? HELP HELP HELP HELP:confused:

it's um legal ish. Atleast, I have a legal cd key. But it doesn't work with a Tried and true win7 disk either

The 4 pin works on dual cores. Intels anyway, not sure of AMDs.

Try using memtest, or a linux livecd.

I had a boot issue with a "borrowed" Win disk before too. Had a unhappy disk.

First steps...

Reset the CMOS. It may not have detested the drive you are using.

Update the firmware of the drive. you will have to hook it up to a working computer to do this. Once you have updated it, return it to the original computer and reset the CMOS.

You may have a bad burn on your disk. Try reburning it at a slower speed using a different burning program. Try using ImgBurn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom