Help! Installed a few parts now I get 'No Signal' from monitor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

King$nake

In Runtime
Ok - Specs are in my sig.

I just installed these parts:

EVGA GTX 285
2x4G of DDR2 RAM
E8500 Processor
750W Power Supply

I got everything installed, turn on the power. All the lights light up correctly, but I am getting "No Signal" from my Monitor. I tried switching the monitor cable to different DVI slots (there are 2 on the back of the GPU) and it doesn't help.

What do I need to do to fix it?

Also, I installed my old 8800 GTS, and I am still getting "No Signal"

Please help!

Well, if it still doesn't work with your old gpu, I'm assuming you have it in the primary pci-e slot, so that wouldn't be it.

It has to be the ram. They have to be in the same channel, same color slots. It might be the ones closest to the cpu, and it might be the ones farthest. A lot of mobo's don't even care. Just make sure they are in the same color slots.

Ok, it should be noted that the PC is not 'beeping' right after startup. Everything else sounds fine other than that.

I moved the RAM to the other slots (kept them both in same color slot) and it didn't seem to help. I also completly removed the RAM and started the PC, same exact startup - so I dont think the RAM is affecting anything. Should I try my old RAM (which I removed)?

I put the old RAM back in, same slots and everything. Same result. Computer turns on, no beep (Not POSTing?) and no display from the monitor.

What should I do next?

How can I tell if the Mobo is fried? I had to remove the Mobo to put a support for the heatsink on the bottom of it, I hope I didnt mess anything up when I did that

No, I didnt. Should I put the old processor back in and see if that does the trick?

Since your motherboard is a 965 chipset it will need a bios update to work with the e8500. If you put your old cpu back in, flash the motherboard with the newest bios, then install the e8500 it should work.

Since your motherboard is a 965 chipset it will need a bios update to work with the e8500. If you put your old cpu back in, flash the motherboard with the newest bios, then install the e8500 it should work.

Ok, so I put the old E6400 chip in, no good. Same exact thing is happening.

I should note as well:

Since these issues started happening (after I installed the new parts) the computer will boot once, and after about 3-4 seconds, it shuts itself off again and boots again. The second time it boots, it stays on, but I still dont get the POST beep

oh man oh man im panicing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom