Rate my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked up your PC, and it seems you do have a PCI-E slot. But we also have to look at your PSU to see if it can handle a new card. Since it's a slimline, I'm not sure if you can replace the PSU...so you may be out of luck.

And this machine is using old technology like Surge said. It only supports up to 2gb of DDR2-667 and it's an AM2 board, which means you can't even upgrade the processor. The 4000+ is a decently old processor now.

So for these reasons, I said you should build a new PC. But if you can get a new video card in there that will work with your PSU, then it'll work okay for now I suppose. But it all falls to your PSU. For the bigger cards, you'll need something with more wattage, and PCI-E power connectors.

Perhaps an HD4670 or lower card would be able to work and be more than enough to meet those minimum requirements. The HD4670 is a very short card, so it should fit length-wise, but I don't know about height-wise.

It might fit, but that computer can't have more than a 300 or 350w PSU, would it be fine with that?

Supposedly it only uses 59W max.

The CPU he has uses 65W, so that's 124W. The only other power users are going to be the DVD drive and hard drive/fans which won't use much at all.

Supposedly it only uses 59W max.

The CPU he has uses 65W, so that's 124W. The only other power users are going to be the DVD drive and hard drive/fans which won't use much at all.

Fair enough.

As for the 9800GT, it's probably too long for your tiny case.

Most likely not. That would require too much power and would not fit in your case. The 4670, is more than enough for your needs though.

EDIT: hikari is faster than my ninja self.

well I am looking at the Radeon you said would fit and is it a good card? it looks good I guess I am planning to get. So it does fit the radeon? HD 4670.

Can't know for sure without seeing your case width. Measure the height of your expansion slots (the slots at the bottom of the back of your case). By height I mean if your computer is vertical, measure from the left side of the case to the right. If your computer is lying horizontal, measure from top to bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom