making a gaming computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
also for wireless gaming can someone recommend a wireless receiver,im not sure what its called,thats why im here,i have router and all that set up but i think i need a receiver to connect to web and play online yes?

well the monitor and OS is what really makes it difficult to cram a "good" build in for under 1k, and I do agree that the PI Black will do better if you intend to overclock, as I said before I was a little rushed then,

I f I was you I would just save up a tad bit more (we're talking $50 here and get the HD 4870 512 MB @ ~ $175 and pretty much any decently rated PCI wireless card for about $15, I'll re post/edit in the new list when I get to school

the 4870 1gb is a good card no doubt but I don't think he'll honestly need it, but it's his choice b/c 1920*1080 is a non-traditional res, but unless he's going to be hard into Crysis (heh) he would be fine
and I do think 2 million pixels for under $200 is a pretty nice buy

EDIT:

Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X3 720 2.8GHz 3 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Black Processor - Processors - Desktops

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

Newegg.com - G.SKILL PI Black 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Newegg.com - EVGA 896-P3-1257-AR GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked Edition 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies

Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250410AS 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER RC-690-KKN1-GP Black SECC/ ABS ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Black 22X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 22X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 22X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe - CD / DVD Burners

Newegg.com - ASUS VH226H Black 21.5" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen 16:9 Full HD 1080P LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 1000:1 (ASCR 12000 : 1) Built in Speakers - LCD Monitors

Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit for System Builders - Operating Systems

Newegg.com - D-Link WDA-1320 IEEE 802.11b/g 32-bit PCI Wireless G Desktop Adapter Up to 54Mbps Data Rates 64/128-bit WEP
Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) - Wireless Adapters

that's $1087 with shipping, yes it's over 1k but you will be much better off spending the little extra and getting a solid computer for your money

after looking at it the GTX260 216 is on par with the 4870 1GB and it is also cheaper atm so I figured it fits nicely, EVGA is a good brand too

almost everything in this build comes with free shipping along with $120 in savings, a free game, and $30 in MIRs

on a side note, TheOtis I think it's a little rude for you to just jump into the thread and post a completely different build to what you like without any regard to what's goin on, I'm not attacking you just stating my opinion

He's just giving the dude options. It can't hurt.

And yeah, I would still say he should get one of the cards I listed. The core 216 I listed is of comparable brand quality, the same price (cheaper after rebate), and comes with both farcry 2 and cod 5. The other, the 4870 1GB, is a slightly better card, and it also comes with a game while being cheaper than the evga superclocked card you listed. I don't know either way on the power color brand. I just was trying to find the best deals to help with his budget. If he would like a different brand, he can go on the egg and look.

yeh I prefer xFx anyways, I just didn't catch that it came with FC2 also,

and please tell me where your finding a 4870 1gb cheaper than ~$190?

on a side note, TheOtis I think it's a little rude for you to just jump into the thread and post a completely different build to what you like without any regard to what's goin on, I'm not attacking you just stating my opinion

How is it rude to throw in my two cents in case he doesn't need to buy a monitor? It's a public forum, that's the whole point of it. If I had no regard to what was going on, I wouldn't have posted a reply that was relevant to the topic.

EDIT: And not to mention, when I posted that, I missed the last post on the bottom of the page that said he needed a monitor.

EDIT 2: There's your 4870 1GB for $189
mwave.com: SAPPHIRE 100259-1GL radeon hd 4870 1gb gddr5 pci-e 2.0 x16 hdcp ready crossfire supported video card (Retail) Heatpipes Cooling Design (*regular $300 - $110 mwave instant discount = $190, while supplies last!)

I already posted it.

Newegg.com - POWERCOLOR AX4870 1GBD5 Radeon HD 4870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

I also found one for 177, but this one is cheaper after the rebate, and I don't think the other one came with a game.

ahh my bad, I was too lazy to simply look

how does powercooler stand up as a GFX manufacture?
haven't heard of them

and TheOtis, I do realize it a public forum, and you did miss that he said he needed a monitor so if I insulted you I'm sorry but sometimes things like that can strike me in a odd way

anyways, I still stick to my suggestion, and if the "Black Edition" is only $10 more than the one I suggested if he really wants a card the hauls a** :freak:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom