making a gaming computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

acdcxx

Baseband Member
ok i want to try and make a gameing computer from ground up,with a price range of around 1000$ i just want a computer that will run a good amount of games well,like say world of warcraft.gears of war,and things of that kind.
so i just want to know witch parts i should get to set up a decent computer?

Re: makeing a gameing computer

will you being needing a monitor and OS (operating system)?

if so then it'd be either a mid range AMD build or lower end Intel build

don't get me wrong 1k will definitely get you a "fast" computer, plenty fast for light to moderate gaming

let us know what exactly it is you need cause almost everyone wants a gaming computer but your gonna want something specific to your personality

here's a good start if you need a "complete build"

Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X3 720 2.8GHz 3 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Black Processor - Processors - Desktops

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Newegg.com - XFX HD-485X-YDFC Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies

Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250410AS 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER RC-690-KKN1-GP Black SECC/ ABS ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Black 22X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 22X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 22X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe - CD / DVD Burners

Newegg.com - ASUS VH226H Black 21.5" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen 16:9 Full HD 1080P LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 1000:1 (ASCR 12000 : 1) Built in Speakers - LCD Monitors

Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit for System Builders - Operating Systems

now this is just a build in the rough and without a mouse/keyboard

it is a little "fat" (improvements can be made but I did this in like 5 minutes) and can surely be trimmed down for your needs

xFx I like because they have a great warranty and this card looks great, the 650w PSU is overkill but I saw a $60 savings and it was only $5 more the 550w Corsair, there' plenty of others you can get, I just prefer a trusted brand ,

Asus hasn't let me down yet with their products so that's a nice LCD, the best for their price are LG, Samsung, and Asus imo

not a huge HDD but can be upgraded with a little tweaking on this list

Perhaps you should worry about your spelling instead of what parts to get for a gaming computer...

That ram isn't actually better. It's DDR2 800, but the ram originally suggested was 1066. I'd probably go with the higher speed.

And also the HD 4870 is almost as cheap as the 4850, so I'd probably recommend upgrading to that:

Newegg.com - HIS Hightech H487FN512P Radeon HD 4870 512MB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

There's a good brand, cheap. Also comes with a good free game.

Actually the ddr800 prob is better. There will be absolutely no noticeable difference between the two except that the Black PI over clocks better than the PQ's so he should be able to get some good timings or easily overclock it to 1066 anyway. It's already rated at clk4 and notice the much lower voltage.

Other then that rollingthunders build is great for a low priced gaming rig.

That ram isn't actually better. It's DDR2 800, but the ram originally suggested was 1066. I'd probably go with the higher speed.

And also the HD 4870 is almost as cheap as the 4850, so I'd probably recommend upgrading to that:

Newegg.com - HIS Hightech H487FN512P Radeon HD 4870 512MB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

There's a good brand, cheap. Also comes with a good free game.

That one is only 512 MB. He is going to want 1GB.

a 4850 1GB seems kind of stupid to me. Just get a better card. he's only gaming on a 21.5 inch monitor anyways

yes i am gonna need a monitor and OS,i think i'm gonna use vista,for some games need vista to use.
should i grab a new keyboard/mouse? i have really out dated keyboard and mouse tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom