Can Somebody Please Help, Major Trouble!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stylez116

Beta member
I have a custom build PC. A water-cooled thermaltake case, 750 PC and Cooling single rail PSU, 8800GTX graphics card, Razer Barracuda AC-1 Sound Card, E6750 intel duo core, 2g of crucial ballistics memory, and a cheap overclocked foxxcon motherboard. But anyway, the problem is that I often hear these loud and scary noises comming from the computer and I dont know what they are. There are two noises, the main one is a very loud and high pitched squelling noise. The other is a randomly loud low pitch noise that is hard to explain in words, its sorta like something grinding and about to break. They are both very threatning and I even placed my ear on the case to locate the spot that the noises are comming from but its not comming from one specific spot. Can someone please help me with opionions on what it is and what I have to replace? Thanks everyone

Squel sounds like capacitors.. power supply, or video card.

my first guess would be powersupply for the high pitch noise, and second either the GPU. For the second in would think that you might have a bad bearing in a fan somewhere in the case

I was thinking either PSU, GPU, or fans as these two have said. Open up the side of your case, you should be able to pinpoint the noise easier then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom