Windows Vista won't load - BOIS restarts over and over..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoddessVirage

Baseband Member
It all started with a critical error while playing World of
Warcraft. My system restarted after a very quick
flash of a BSOD and went ahead and booted my
BIOS. After that it made it to the black screen with
the small windows loading bar at the bottom but after
just a few moments restarted to my BIOS again.
Then it just continued trying to boot to vista but with
no windows loading bar and the BIOS coming up only.

Safe mode will not even load :(

My first thought to fix it was to take my vista install
disks and try to repair/reinstall vista. My system
loaded the vista CD and I was able to maneuver thru
the screens until the one where it has the check next
to 'copying system files'. It looked like vista was
going to be successful in writing itself but...BSOD.

Now I believe my vista OS is just plain messed up
since it seemed to start to reinstall it and was not
successful. I'm not even sure if it is capable of loading.
But, I have also been told that this may
be a hardware problem. I have just built this computer
about a month ago and all parts have been working
without a hitch until last night when World of Warcraft
updated with a patch.

I have tried taking out my ram and putting it back in. I
have also tried burning a Vista recovery disk offered
free from windows and when I put that CD in the
BSOD comes up. The error code/message is
0x0000007e with a reference to PSHED.dll

All other BSODs show 0x0000008e.

I have no idea what to do :(

Start by testing your RAM and your hard drive. If you have multiple drives test only the one with Vista on it first. If that passes, test the others.

Use MemTest86+ for your RAM and run that for at least 6 hours. Unless it gives you errors immediately.

Use SeaTools to test your hard drive(s). Run the advanced test until it's finished.

EDIT: I just saw that they were ISOs- awesome I will try this when I get home :)

Thanks for the reply- my problem is that I can't even get my OS to load, I'm not sure if I could even use those programs.

This is my ram:
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

This is my motherboard:
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Are there any other pieces of hardware that could be causing the problem?

Neither of those programs use an OS to run. They run by themselves, just boot from the CD you burn the ISO onto when you turn your computer on.

It could be many other things but for now start with those two and we'll work from there.

Well it gave me errors immediately- like as in a scrolling wall of red texts :( Is there any specific information that you need before I stop the test and run the second one?

No that's all I need for now.

You need new RAM. Request an RMA from Newegg or whoever you bought it from.

You can still run the second test for reassurance if you would like. Doesn't hurt to.

I am running the second test just out of curiosity. I have requested an RMA from gskill- I have never encountered a problem like this before, is there any reason or trigger for something like this? I read that this RAM was supposed to be great and it was recommended to me by others on this forum so I am just wondering! Is there any chance that it may be an even bigger problem- like a problem with my motherboard?

Faulty components are pretty much a norm in the industry. It is simply impossible for a company to take the time testing each component extensively and still make it affordable to the average user. If you have heard good things about this particular brand/model of memory, I would suggest having it replaced in contrast to selecting a different brand/model. If, on the other hand, you simply do not like being the 'tester' for the hardware you buy, there are companies that offer a 'burn in' option where they take the time to test out the product before shipping it to you. You, of course, pay extra for this.

I took out the faulty ram and replaced them with some ram I got from my boyfriends computer. I wasn't able to load Vista- I guess because of how it crashed during the install from before so I am now putting vista back on my computer. It says t won't save any of my files or anything but it looked as though it partitioned the harddrive when I tried to repair it oriiginally. Is there a way to get my files back? I only really had some music- nothing super important so it is not a big deal if all is lost but if thee is a way I'd love to hear it.

Thanks so much for your help Baez, you made something that was making me sick to my stomach seem so simple to solve, lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom