Graphics card Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
the GTX275 is a joke compared to the HD 4890, when are they going to be added I wonder?

nVidia has the top-end bracket but ATi without a doubt has taken the ~$250 enthusiast range by storm,
and with time hopefully we'll see what they have to offer somesort of 4890 x2 :D

Hey yeah good point, but then again i would rather have a 4890 anyday, not worth the heat and driver problems. Have you seen the overclock on those things! they reached 4800mhz on the ram and 1ghz on gpu in the review i read, and that was just using CCC imagine how much further you can push it.

WOW. I didn't know they hit that high. I would too. I'm done with multi-gpu's for awhile. Granted they do tend to scale really well, esepcially compared to the nvidias 8800s and atis 3800s, but with the drivers and issues with some games (Gears of War comes to mind), I'm done for awhile.

We have gone over this before. The 4890 won 12 out of 14 times. Don't make me post numbers guys.

Haha, I love how threatening that sounds. GUYS! DON'T MAKE BE BLEEPING POST THE GERRRD DEEERN BENCHIES!

the GTX275 is a joke compared to the HD 4890, when are they going to be added I wonder?

nVidia has the top-end bracket but ATi without a doubt has taken the ~$250 enthusiast range by storm,
and with time hopefully we'll see what they have to offer somesort of 4890 x2 :D

A 4890X2 would DESTROY. The 4870X2 is still keepin up, a 4890X2 would be sessy.

Haha, I love how threatening that sounds. GUYS! DON'T MAKE BE BLEEPING POST THE GERRRD DEEERN BENCHIES!

I wasn't trying to sound like that. Its just that this has been argued already and I think anyone who still has questions about it either wasn't there or has some ulterior motives.

It was on Anandtech for crying out loud, one of the few sites that has managed to keep its objectivity. They used old drivers on Nvidia cards, but they also used them on ATI cards. And if you have read their conclusions lately it obvious Nvidia has been twisting their arm just like everyone else. I think its commendable that through it all they still post reliable numbers even when their writers are forced to bend over.

AnandTech: ATI Radeon HD 4890 vs. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275

Bam, proof right there anandtech was the only review site to use those drivers no one in there sane mind would use these. the nvidia threatening reviewers point i do not understand at all. what can nivdia do to them? like really. now looking at every other website that had placed a review the 275 pulled out ahead. the hd4890 was still recommended due to the 10/20$ price difference. but over all the majority reviewed the 275 as the faster product. now anandtech is not the only reliable source for reviews.

this is a direct line from the page itself "As we can clearly see, in the cards we tested, performance decreased at lower resolutions" and they tested that on a 285. the 182 drivers do support the 275. no one in there right minds including you zmatt would use a driver that diminishes performance over 10% just to be up to date.

hadrware canucks is very reliable aswell. looking at this Nvidia GeForce GTX 275 896MB Review - Page 22 - Hardware Canucks the 275 beat out the hd4890 in 32 of the 57 benches. as you can see incredibaly close game. at 20$ cheaper the hd4890 should be the recomended card but here speed and performence is what matters.

AnandTech: ATI Radeon HD 4890 vs. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275

Bam, proof right there anandtech was the only review site to use those drivers no one in there sane mind would use these. the nvidia threatening reviewers point i do not understand at all. what can nivdia do to them? like really. now looking at every other website that had placed a review the 275 pulled out ahead. the hd4890 was still recommended due to the 10/20$ price difference. but over all the majority reviewed the 275 as the faster product. now anandtech is not the only reliable source for reviews.

this is a direct line from the page itself "As we can clearly see, in the cards we tested, performance decreased at lower resolutions" and they tested that on a 285. the 182 drivers do support the 275. no one in there right minds including you zmatt would use a driver that diminishes performance over 10% just to be up to date.

hadrware canucks is very reliable aswell. looking at this Nvidia GeForce GTX 275 896MB Review - Page 22 - Hardware Canucks the 275 beat out the hd4890 in 32 of the 57 benches. as you can see incredibaly close game. at 20$ cheaper the hd4890 should be the recomended card but here speed and performence is what matters.

Your overstating the problem

This seemed to be the biggest example, but we saw flattened resolution scaling in most of the games we tested.

And even then 185 does better at high resolutions than 182. So those are still valid.

Not only that, but they used 8.12 in the tests. What are we on now, 9.3? And they posted huge improvements in several games since 8.12.

If anything all of the tests at launch were invalidated. 185 were a mixed bag, and catalyst has come a long way.

Citing how the 48701gig surprising went to town on some Nvidia cards that were thought to be better with the newer driver i would say the 4890 would do the same. We just need someone to run some benchmarks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom