motherboard ethernet not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

x39363440845

Solid State Member
Not too sure where to pose this question on the forums, so it's going here. I have an evga 680i sli motherboard. I recently went to upgrade the drivers and suddenly after restarting I had no internet. I then went to reinstall the drivers that came with the motherboard and it even said that it was installing the ethernet drivers, however it still doesn't work. What am I doing wrong here?

I would try to uninstall the drivers via device manager then reinstall the newest ones you downloads from the internet.

I would try to uninstall the drivers via device manager then reinstall the newest ones you downloads from the internet.

exactly this, make sure to uninstall the drivers, then reinstall the latest from your motherboard's website.

CC said:
then reinstall the latest from your motherboard's website.
You may want to look online for newer ones. Unless your motherboard is very new, the drivers for it on the manufacturer's site is probably old. Look up the specs to your board, find what chipset the ethernet is, and search for drivers from the chip maker.

Incase I'm doing something wrong, can you give me a quick step by step guide to uninstalling the drivers? Also, when I go to install the drivers, it asks me for a directory to extract some junk into such as "C:\nvidia\winxp", but there are like 3 folders under that which say winxp, how do I know which one to use? I'm using 32bit xp btw.

open up device manager. right mouse click on the network controller you wish to uninstall and select uninstall device.

The place it wants to extract the files to is just a holing spot for them when you install. It does not really matter where they go as long as you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom