Gaming Pc $3000 limit! Plz Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So really the only reason why the Newegg.com - LIAN LI PC-A7110B Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases is more expensive than the Newegg.com - LIAN LI PC-A7010B Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases is because it has a door? Everything else is the same right? Well if that is the case then I am probably going with the LIAN LI PC-A7110B... I hope that is a good decision :) I don't really care to have a window or anything "fancy" looking...just a well built case that has awesome airflow...

I think you mean A7010B is your choice if you don't think the door is worth the extra $20 then thats upto you. You have to live with it at the end of the day they are both very good cases :).

Would not having a door be better so you could see the readouts from your fan controller easier? Either way it is going to be between these two cases... just....Door/no door is the question lol.... Door might be nice to cover some things up when I'm not playing...meh no idea... having a door on doesn't kill the air-flow I assume right?

The door has vents along the side so it doesn't affect air intake to a noticable degree and if your gaming for long periods, you always have the option to open it ;). You can also take it off if you wish to although it does leave some mounting holes. I think its worth the extra $20 to improve the overall aesthetics of the design but would you rather spend that $20 on a crate of beer to drink whilst building your pc :)

The door has vents along the side so it doesn't affect air intake to a noticable degree and if your gaming for long periods, you always have the option to open it ;). You can also take it off if you wish to although it does leave some mounting holes. I think its worth the extra $20 to improve the overall aesthetics of the design but would you rather spend that $20 on a crate of beer to drink whilst building your pc :)

wow where can i find a CRATE OF BEER for 20$??? i personaly hate doors now. they where nice at first I thought. but really they become a pain in the but. but yes id spend the 20$ on beer as i build as well lol.

I really don't know... I think it would be something to improve the overall look of the machine and hide the optical drives/fan controller to make it look "clean"... but I don't know I will have to decide this June when I order all my parts... Either way it is going to between those 2 Lian-Li cases..... And **** by June/July there is probably going to be a whole new slew of computer parts releases from companies so I will most likely have to switch some stuff around lol...

I have the A71A which is the precursor to the A7110B (At the end of the model number A means silver & B means black btw). The improvement that the A7110 adds is that its got one of the front internal fans is not slightly blocked by the door giving you a slight improvement in cooling. Its a negligable difference though. I think the only difference with the A7010 is that it doesn't have the front door at all so again the cooling difference is negligable. The B71 is an alternative supposedly gamer version of the case with both front intake fans being exposed. Anyway the internal layout for all of them with stuff in is like so (click image to enlarge, for full size click on the image again once loaded):

On the 7110 there is a SATA Hot Swap board on the back of the HDD tray... Did you take this out and just run the wires directly to the HDDs or did the case not come with it? Wouldn't it be better to just have the HDDs wired directly as opposed to the SATA board thing...?

triple channel does basically nothing for the performance over dual channel (around 0-2.5%)

If you have a lot to spend, why not get a 30" LCD or something?
Newegg.com - LG W3000H-Bn Black 30" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor w/ HDCP Support 370 cd/m2 3000:1 w/ 4 USB ports - LCD Monitors

the W3000H I think is one of the fastest, if not the fastest 30" LCD's in terms of response time and input lag.
And it's also got an IPS panel, so it's going to have better colour reproduction than any TN panel (which is almost all of the 24" and below LCD's out now), and usually better than VA panels.
And it's also at a good price for what it's got.

triple channel does basically nothing for the performance over dual channel (around 0-2.5%)

If you have a lot to spend, why not get a 30" LCD or something?
Newegg.com - LG W3000H-Bn Black 30" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor w/ HDCP Support 370 cd/m2 3000:1 w/ 4 USB ports - LCD Monitors

the W3000H I think is one of the fastest, if not the fastest 30" LCD's in terms of response time and input lag.
And it's also got an IPS panel, so it's going to have better colour reproduction than any TN panel (which is almost all of the 24" and below LCD's out now), and usually better than VA panels.
And it's also at a good price for what it's got.

Because then to get great performance, he would have to go tri-sli and get a 1000w+ PSU which would throw him way overbudget.

What are you talking about with the triple channel, dual channel thing?

Because then to get great performance, he would have to go tri-sli and get a 1000w+ PSU which would throw him way overbudget.

What are you talking about with the triple channel, dual channel thing?
no, a 4870 X2 or 295 will work great.
I'm running 2 x 4870's off a Corsair TX-750

besides, he'll still have $1900 left with the W3000H, which is still a lot more than most people spend on everything.

and I'm saying triple channel DDR3 hardly gives any increase in performance over dual channel DDR3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom