will this card be good for gaming on my 720p HDTV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

upgradequestions

Solid State Member
I would like to get a video card and want to be able to have HD DVR capabilities also. I was thinking of using this card, but was wondering if it will be suitable for gaming in 720p for Crysis, Bioshock, etc? Here is what I'm thinking about getting, my biggest concern is if it will be a good gaming card for 720p resolution when connected to my HDTV:

Newegg.com - VisionTek 900238 Radeon HD 3650 512MB 128-bit DDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready All-in-Wonder HD Graphics and Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

In reading further, it might be better just to get separate cards, one for the tv tuner and one for the GPU. This being said can anyone recommend a good TV tuner card, it can also be a USB one, just anything that will do a good job in Vista with an HDTV signal. Also, for my antenna, it uses channels like 9-1, 9-2, 7-1, etc. I am curious if any of the tuners with remotes have this . or - button or how this works with the computer DVR cards.

right, you'll want a good tv tuner...and then a good graphics card from the Nvidia Gt200 series or ATI HD4800 series to get any kind of good FPS on crysis or bioshock

here is a far better card that is in your price range:
Newegg.com - ZOTAC ZT-98PES3P-FCP GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

also if u want to play games on your hdtv you will need to plug it in your video card. also 720p while HD is the tv world is a relatively small resolution in the computer world:1280×720
so you dont really need a monster card the card i suggested will barrel through bioshock and crysis at 720p

720p film is a lot easier than gaming. Crysis may be pushing it.

not sure if u read my whole post but 720p is only 1280×720 which is not a big resolution crysis yea its a heavy game but at 1280×720 its not insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom