GPU needs and such

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I know that, its one big card Lol. I was going to cross fire 4890/4850 but I think the bridge is going to be too short, unless they make an "extended bridge"

Anyone got the length of a Cross Fire Bridge? I can measure my unit to see if it'll fit

Ok so I am back to square 1 with what to pick... your board has a different layout but space wise its = to 2 PCI slots in between them (like mine) so the bridge works fine.. so... now ....

4850x2
4890 (and later Cross Fire with 4870 or 4890)
..other?..
Since the GTX really won't show much improvement and all, I'll stick with the first brand I ever got.

Pretty sure the 4890 in crossfire with another 4890 later in life would blast most anything I do, it'd be like a 4890x2 after all (which they will probably have on the market by the time I buy a second card) and 4890 might be able to Cross Fire up to the next series... so I guess getting a 4890 would be the way to go right now?

I was thinking that because of the future thing.. I mean I went Quadcore to be future proof on my games and such, and doing the same for the GPU would only make sense, sure it won't be the "best gaming rig" out there right now, since I'll only have a 4890 in there alone.. but hey.. never was one to be #1 at my PC stuff.

Even if it won't Cross Fire up to a ... 4900 series or whatever they go to.... another 4890 in there would surely be cheaper and worth the upgrade then.... so yea.. 4890 might be the way I go.

Hows the cooling on the XFX one? Newegg.com - XFX HD-489A-ZDFC Radeon HD 4890 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards any problems with it?

OH and about that sound card....?

Yikes.. do I really need such Hi-Tech-ness for a sound card? I mean.. I do plan to get some more/better speakers.. but... man... I don't know if I will use all of that....

Why PCI express x1 ? Something wrong with the old PCI slot sound cards?

Yikes.. do I really need such Hi-Tech-ness for a sound card? I mean.. I do plan to get some more/better speakers.. but... man... I don't know if I will use all of that....

Why PCI express x1 ? Something wrong with the old PCI slot sound cards?

well you said that after corssfire you may not have a free pci slot, so I went with PCIx just incase. And no, you don't need stuff that high end. In fact, unless you are in to audio you will do fine with the integrated audio on the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom