core2 duo....can it hold gta?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonga

Baseband Member
hi ihave just made my new core 2 duo pc mainly for my work and some light gaming

the build is:

core 2 duo E6850
2gb ov ram
9500 gt

can it hold gta 4 on a small 17" monitor screen or ot?????

The E6850 would probably do fine on low, not very well on medium. It would be bottlenecked by the 9500GT.

Also, GTAIV doesn't count as 'light gaming' lol :p

yeah, the bottleneck here isnt the cpu, but the gpu...carnage you're pushing a nice GTX 285 (me wants :D) and he's got the 9500gt.....it should have no trouble on low settings though

Well there's no doubt about that, but his CPU will still be fine :p. Just needs to get a beefier GPU (285 is nice btw :D).

what clocks are your 285 running at? i got both of my 260's @ 715/1150.....hahaa

Can't remember for sure...not at home right now so I can't check; I can check in about a half hour tho when I get home lol.

Edit: its at 718 core/1305 memory/1635 shader

When I first got GTA4 I was running a E6850 with a 9800 GTX+ and ran pretty good on med and the cpu was just fine, Now with a new cpu and gpu GTA4 get cranked up pretty high with no problems, Just have not played much lately. Planning on getting win 7 64bit whenever it is released and don't really want to be too far into it and have to start over so it's on my to be played at a later date games. Right now I have it on XP 32 bit and can't use all the ram and that game likes the ram.

Dauntae

Just back up your save game profiles, Dauntae ;). That's what I did, and I made the move from XP to Vista.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom