Thinking About Quad Core

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just going to stand pat.

Those would not be much of an upgrade.....I think I will wait for next generation .....thanks for your guys input.

I think I will just wait for next gen stuff.....this is still gaming quite well right now, and that is it's main purpose.

You can't squeeze any more than 2.8ghz out of your setup? I've not ever heard of an E6600 that won't do at least 3.4ish ghz on air.

You can't squeeze any more than 2.8ghz out of your setup? I've not ever heard of an E6600 that won't do at least 3.4ish ghz on air.

Yes, I can get more, I just really did not notice any difference what so ever in gaming....so backed it down some.

Yes, I can get more, I just really did not notice any difference what so ever in gaming....so backed it down some.

you should, i notice a huge difference between 2.4 and 3.8. if you where to get a quad the q6700 would be a good bet 10x multi. also the 45nm's aren't much faster then the 65nm's in a clock to clock comparison. with a good air cooler im sure you could hit 4.0 with your board and a q6700.

I meant that I did not notice much difference between 2.4 and 2.8

I am sure I would notice a difference between 2.4 and 3.8

I am just not much up on overclocking and really dont know what I am doing, and I guess I don't feel like spending the time to learn. The oc to 2.8 was a very easy one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom