Gaming Pc $3000 limit! Plz Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok the only thing I can't make my mind up on is a case lol..... I think I might go back to the Lian-LI just because after doing some research on the TJ09-TJ10 the Lian-Li cases already come with fans so they are actually less expensive....

Here they are.....

1: Newegg.com - LIAN LI PC-A7010B Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

2: Newegg.com - LIAN LI PC-A7110B Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

3: Newegg.com - LIAN LI PC-B71 Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Any suggestions or anyone who has had experience with any of these..... I like the first 2 because they have 2 intake fans then 2 internal fans plus the 2 exhaust fans..... I might like the 2nd one because it has a door but I'm up for suggestions....

Personally i think the A7010B and 11B are better, judging by case design. But either would be fine, really it comes down the whatever you like the best, because all of the high end lian li cases have superior airflow.

I have the A71A which is the precursor to the A7110B (At the end of the model number A means silver & B means black btw). The improvement that the A7110 adds is that its got one of the front internal fans is not slightly blocked by the door giving you a slight improvement in cooling. Its a negligable difference though. I think the only difference with the A7010 is that it doesn't have the front door at all so again the cooling difference is negligable. The B71 is an alternative supposedly gamer version of the case with both front intake fans being exposed. Anyway the internal layout for all of them with stuff in is like so (click image to enlarge, for full size click on the image again once loaded):

Man thats case looks even bigger when you look at the installed pictures! hey salty why do you have a 8800gtx on the second pci-e, is it for folding?

Ahh ok, thought it was either of the two. The gtx260 or 280 in there looks so much cooler xD But i remember receiving my 8800gtx and thinking it was the biggest thing in the world and it weighed a tonne.

Thanks for uploading those pictures... I'm glad I finally got to see a Lian-Li with parts installed... Wow there is a lot of room... Do you use the fan controlled that is built into the case or an aftermarket one? Wouldn't I want a case without a door so I could keep track of temps or is that what using a program like "speed fan" is more meant for? I'm just trying to get a real good feel for the case and which one would be best...

Ok so it is down to either Newegg.com - LIAN LI PC-A7010B Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases or Newegg.com - LIAN LI PC-A7110B Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

But with the 7110 costing $40 more for what seems to be just the door, is that really worth it?

Also, why is it better to have the PSU at the bottom? Wouldn't it be better to put it at the top because hot air rises in the case? I'm clueless on this subject so feel free to burn me lol... How big is that BFG PSU?

My model doesn't have the inbuilt fan control and to be honest that wouldn't be something that would intice me into buying a case as you can easily buy an attractive fan controller for little expense.

The door is an aluminium sheet and serves no purpose imo except for aesthetic reasons and I happen to love my door :p. I have a macro on my griffin powermate to eject the top cd draw which acts as my automatic door opening button :).

The psu is a BFG ES-800 its the only truly decent PSU by BFG so it really is a jewel in the rough of the rest of their range. Its pricey though but has a lifetime warranty so I am set for a long time with it :). Dimensions wise its 1" deeper then a normal psu so slightly "longer". PSU debate top or bottom has been going on for a long time, I prefer mine in the bottom and ultimately want to put a watercooling rad and internal loop in the top so wouldn't have space.

God I want one of those Lian-Li cases soo bad. If you ever need to get one of those off your hands, let me know :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom