PC for a photographer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I am partial to Intel but there is nothing wrong with those Phenoms.... Regarding the PSU, I've had to RMA the Corsair 650TX and another 750(VX I think), so I'm kinda wary of them now. It's back in my setup but I trust Seasonic more, none of my Seasonics has ever given me problems, and I have some really old ones.

Personally I am partial to Intel but there is nothing wrong with those Phenoms.... Regarding the PSU, I've had to RMA the Corsair 650TX and another 750(VX I think), so I'm kinda wary of them now. It's back in my setup but I trust Seasonic more, none of my Seasonics has ever given me problems, and I have some really old ones.

You know what. I agree.

Ive never felt a PSU as heavy as the Seasonic S12 i installed once. (Granted ive only built like 5 PC's max)

+1 to what zedman recommended. Those Phenom IIs are great for that budget. If you can afford $200 more for a computer, you can go w/ an i7.

depends on your required size and price point.

Perhaps this one from what you were saying above, though a lot of the user reviews report faults...

Newegg.com - HP LP2275w Black 22" 6ms(GTG) Widescreen LCD Monitor with DisplayPort input 300 cd/m2 1000:1 w/ Height, Swivel & Pivot Adjustments - LCD Monitors

Or perhaps the Dell 2209WA if you can fid it somewhere. To be frank the better panels tend to be in the bigger monitors and with IPS or s-PVA that means bucks. Perhaps check out Hazro or whatever the US brand equivalent is.

The TFT Selector

Re the PSU discussion above: I thought corsair PSUs where made by seasonic :D (correction, some of the models are seasonic, apparently others are by Channel Wells: VX550, TX750 & 850, HX1000 are CWT. The rest are Seasonic. Which I cool, because I plan to put the HX520 in my new build)

any recommendations for the LCD/CRT???

I wrote you like 4 paragraphs on that man... :)

And to MrCoffee: Seasonic making PSUs for Corsair doesn't make them equal in anything (quality, build, design, etc.). I've had serious problems with 2/2 Corsair PSUs in less than a year, and with 0/6 Seasonic over the years. It's sad that I actually got the Corsairs over the recommendations on the forums, but I'm responsible for taking the decision so I'm not going to blame it on anyone.

Anyway, people that recommend them should really check out the Corsair support forums and see how many models' designs appear to be faulty. I know that they will never get my $$$ for a PSU again. Ever.

oh yeah...you did...thanks...will now go to the local stores to see what crap they have as they usually have a terrible range of hardware...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom