some advice for a new computer builder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean by a build log, and what bench-mark tests would you suggest (What do you mean by benchmark)

As in build log i mean grab a camera and take pictures every step of the way and give commentary. If you come across any problems we can help you better and we like to look at computer pr0n lol.

As for benchmarks run 3dmark 06, 3dmark vantage, and Super PI mod. Also if you have crysis download the crysis benchmark tool and post your findings too. We have threads dedicated to all of those programs and they are all free downloads. Just google them.

Good news,

I've ordered, and it should be here by next week.. The tracking queue says that its already on my island. But I can expect that the UPS here will not send it until next week.

moar good news,

the computer parts came in and I started crackin at building. I'll post some computer pr0n when I get done with the build.

Lights come on and there are no unusual sounds, but I get no video out-put from the card. No BIOS message or anything. I've checked all the physical things like checking if the card is in the slot crooked, if its actually in the right slot (I've tried both). The only thing I can think of is that I plugged power supply cables into things they don't belong in, or something I don't have plugged in. Honestly I didn't really know what I was doing, I was just matching male and female parts.

The instructions that came with the parts were horrible, I feel very unintelligent trying to decipher them.

any suggestions?

Well that video card need 2 6 pin pci-e power cords into it. Do you have the 8pin 12v power plug into the motherboard as well as the 24pin?

im sure I do, theres a whole mess of cables in there. I tried plugging in those two 6-pin cables. no difference though still no video

both power plugs into the motherboard?

Known working monitor?

checked the connections into the monitor?

Do you have a speaker hooked up to the motherboard to hear post beeps. You should hear one if everything is ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom