locked out of acer travelmate laptop with no disc drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilticus

Beta member
hi there ,first time on this forum, i was just given an acer travelmate c110 laptop running windows xp tablet , this is an older lappie which you can twist the screen round and turn into a tablet. anyway i did all the usual things i do when i get a 2nd hand machine, i.e. change the name of the computer and wipe the old users and programs etc only this one would not let me wipe the admin users so i changed the admin password to one i could remember and re-started. now instead of a choice of users on log on (like before) i just get a name and the older or the new password doesnt work, i have tried all i know, all i did was change the computer name and the workgroup and the admin password and i am locked out, this computer doesnt have an internal drive and came originally with a external one which i dont have so i cant just use a boot disk and i dont know if i buy an external drive if it will work to boot a computer than it hasnt been set up on. sorry to sound dumb but i have only really used ibooks before and they are so simple compared to windows machines so any help at all with this would be most excellent.
thanks lilticus

have you tried logging in as:

user: administrator
pass: whatever you set up or nothing if no pass is set.

If you just get the graphical interface you can press ctl alt del twice to get to a traditional log in screen.

jeez it was that easy , cheers hoff you have sorted this out with the administrator log in, now all i have to do is figure where all the hard disc is being used (i have deleted everything i can find and i am still missing 50gb)

Hef sorry, got hoffmeister on the brain lol (its a uk brand of lager)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom