Case air flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because one is $150 and the other is $230. But yeah the sniper is pretty nice.
But i havent made up my mind yet, i may go with a Lian Li, may go with a Sniper, may go for the HAF. We will see. Right now i just need to know that the cases on my list of 'maybes' can handle the heat.

Appreciate all the help everyone.

To be honest, based on my experience cases with 4 or so fans and the huge fans at the top really don't seem to improve airflow as much as they should. I guess it varies a lot case to case, but try look for cases which actually by observation, look to flow efficiently. It would seem in some cases that cases loaded with huge fans are marketing gimmicks. What people are saying is exactly right, intake/exhaust are your primary cooling fans, GPU exhaust is good for sli though. Cards do generate excessive heat, some cards with reference dual- slotcoolers are good in this situation because they really do spit the heat out of the case and decrease ambient temperature.

if you want a lot of air flow then get a antec 1200 and turn the top 250MM fan to intake and then that puts alot of cold air in to your case. that's how i have mine. but it might be hard to find one in Australia.

if you want a lot of air flow then get a antec 1200 and turn the top 250MM fan to intake and then that puts alot of cold air in to your case. that's how i have mine. but it might be hard to find one in Australia.

Not at all. But it is $280....

CCPU Computers - Antec Twelve Hundred (no power) Detail View
TX Computer Solutions

Both these sites have it for $250. Whats about the NZXT tempest that case also has great airflow, can be had for about 160-70 and they are great i used one before. - msy also has them

Yeah i just sent $800 to CCPU for my i7 and P6T which should be here mid week. Its a really hastle to buy from them because i have to withdraw money and go to their bank and then deposit it which is an annoying drive.

Not doing that again.

Plus to tell you the truth i dont really like any of the Antec 900/902/1200's.

Im really digging the Storm Sniper, 200mm at the front and top and room to add two 120mm Slipstreams to the side. I can get one for $235 and ill be a lot happier. Only issue is that its another $30 to ship from the only guys who can get it at that price so slowly im forking out way more than i would like on a mid tower. Not to mention additional fans are $20 EACH.

Also the Storm Scout is out because almost all the reviews ive seen have the heatsink 1mm away from the top fan, and ill be installing a S1283 Xigmatek so there is a very high chance its not going to fit at all and i cant have that.

The aerodynamics of the case itself can provide for negative/positive cooling.

You dont need 6 fans to have a cool rig...it can be done with just two.

I concur, I was running merely 2 120mm fans for a while (side intake/ rear exhuast) and then I filled up my case with 7 120 mm fans ( alot of CFMs :D) and my temps overall didn't see a considerable difference,

2x 120mm = 28C CPU/ 42C Chipset/ 48 GFX
7x 120mm = 25c CPU/ 39C Chipset/ 45 GFX

so that case should do fine as long as your not completely blocking your intake airflow

NOTE: keep in mind those temps are at 20%-25% load so I couldn't tell you about overclocking differences

Thermal dynamically this seems wrong.

Having the top suck out the rising hot air, instead of pushing it back to your gpus, is better.

My antec 900 is 2 x120s at btm from input, and the top sucking pulls sooo much air into the case the airs drawn in throught empty side vent.

Cable management is best idea for nice airflow.

That, and lots of people that I've seen add fans forget to balance, at least roughly, the intake/exhaust CFM, which renders several fans basically useless.

Im actually liking the simple CM 690.... its got two top 120mm exhausts, and plenty of room for upgrades. May go with the Nvidia Edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom