New Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, i really want this to be something i don't have to worry about..

But i forgot i don't have any dvd drives or a media reader

Add those in and your set, that nice i7 build will last you a while. The case and monitor you chose are good as well.

Yea, i work at a photo place so, i'm always uploading / cleaning my SD card off, and my other two pc's in my house don't have a slot.

but i found some cheap dvdr and media reader, and i think i'm going to be buying this rig in the next day or two

Thanks a ton everyone! i feel much better now you guys blew away what i was going to buy, haha

ty all

ill post pictures of what you have created! lol

For the games he plays I think a 260 would be plenty if he's already stretching his budget. If not maybe a 275

Well he said he wants to get into some newer next gen games so the 285 will really help with that especially since he has a 24" monitor and he wants this to last as long as possible too.

Yeah this is true, i'd say a 275 would still be more than enough. I max out empire total war with my 4850, despite it being designed for nvidia and not supporting some features with ati cards. Game is beautiful though. Other than crysis (who plays that anyways) I'm sure he could max everything out. Crysis warhead I'm sure too

Just a little update. I placed my order today. Went with your suggestions, and this is the main list

Running on Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit

Intel Core i7 920
BIOSTAR TPOWER X58A
XFX GX260NADFF GeForce GTX 260 Core 216
G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel
PC Power & Cooling S61EPS 610W
Western Digital Caviar SE WD1600AAJS 160GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive
Sony Optiarc 22X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe
Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
SCEPTRE X24WG-1080P Black 24" 2ms Widescreen LCD Monitor @ 1920x1200

As promised i will take a handful of pictures when i get it, boxed and put together.

Also can anyone suggest some good new games? So far i will have COD5, Farcry 2, T.C Hawx, Crysis, Left for Dead.

And my old games css, wow, cod 4.

something to really see what i paid for? lol

Also thanks to everyone who posted, glad to see there are still really helpful people on this site!!

Edit: Also, i stayed under $1400.00 woot

Well it's done! i got all the parts and, I'm working off of it right now. Everything showed up it good working condition. Except the monitor, it arrived with 3 stuck pixels. I tried all the "Pixel Fix" programs and, methods but, they kept coming back. So newegg let me exchange it for a new one, should be here in a few days.

But other than that, the build is massive! all the game's i got run so smooth

I'll get some pictures and screenshots up tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom